Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That one looks very comfy. :2thumbsup:

A while back i treated myself on a Miller Mirra, as i spend a lot of time behind my desk sometimes ;)

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That looks like a nice chair, i currently have this office chair once i have had for the last 2 years, but it is poorly constructed and it sounds at times like it is about to fall apart... And the foam in the sitting area has been sat flat so it very hard to sit in, but still fairly comfortable for longer gaming sessions, but something i dislike about the chair as it was fair expensive when i bought it some 2 years ago.

So i think i'll look into getting this desk chair, as i spend a great deal of time in front of my pc, so it might be worth getting a good chair :)

Now i'm just think about if it should be an alcantara look alike, or a leather look alike.

Btw. both of the chairs have add-on lumbar and head pillows.

This one could be an option

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just ordered a foldable play seat with a nice easter discount at the playseat store.

I can place this in my living room and fold it away easily. During the new race rig build, i will use the HTPC to game on with the flatscreen TV as monitor. That way i do not need to build 2 systems but just one. I will store the 2700K stuff for later. It will save me a ton of time and also give me the option to race against friends at home.

I wanted to buy this for a while now and finally have a good reason to do so. I will give feedback about my experience with this seat. It will be fitted with my Fanatec CSW V1, which has been refurbished and upgraded at the Factory for me. I can use any wheel with it, but most likely i will use my custom made Momo and wheelhub. I can basically fit any of my Fanatec wheels on it.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That's a nice piece of kit, but you sure it can hold up with a heavy Fanatec wheel on it, to me it looks kind of flimsy, but guess time will tell how good of a setup it will be.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have my suspicions about rigidity as well. I will reduce the max torque of the Fanatec wheelhub anyway.
The playseat was tested by Simpit i believe. I do not expect to be as precise with it as with my regular rig.

This is more like finding an alternate way to be able to use a wheel with racing games, while i continue to work on building a new system. And i do have more use for it as well.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like a neat bit of kit, let me know how you get on with it i might get one. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It was already delivered this morning. I ordered straight from the Factory. :lol:

I still need to create some workspace to be able to work on various projects. Once that is done i can finally start my RyZen build. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I found the old test

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Today i mounted my PlaySeat and fitted it with the Fanatec CSW and CSP V2. The pre-mounted holes for Fanatec are partially hidden, so i had to mount the wheelhub with a single M4 steel bolt and some large patch of velcro tape. It sits more sturdy than i thought it would be. But they should have drilled the holes differently. But than again there would be no space left for the tube mounts underneath. And i think the current mounting solution will do the job nicely.

Just updated the firmware on the Fanatec CSW, everything seems to work, except for the pedals. They are hooked directly to the wheelhub this time. To increase compatibility and easy hook-up with a single USB. But i might have to flash the V2 firmware as well.

So i still can not drive, lol. :lol:

The seat is reasonably comfy. I'm in it right now. There is a lot of velcro used in this design. It can be completely folded, unlike other Play Seats. The padded alcantara is a nice touch as well. I like this seating position. Maybe i will change the angle to a more laid back position. That is just a matter of loosing 2 belts a little. It is that easy to adjust. Mounting it was also a piece of cake.

The pedals are tightened with velcron belts as well. A bit weird but it seems to work. There is some play in the pedals because of the mounting. But nothing to worry about.

I will be using this temporary solution, as long as my waterloop is not finished. At least i will be able to do some weekly challenges and the summit. Not hunting for Global Records, but it will do the job.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

:rightthumbup:

Return to “Gaming Gear”