TrackIR Head tracker

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

These look cool has anyone used one of these before especially in driving games?
I'm going to do a bit more research but from a first look I might get one as I think it would work well in driving games. :party:
TrackIR 5

Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Reminded me of a thread on the ED forums about a low cost DYI kit. A link to that thread for you.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:Reminded me of a thread on the ED forums about a low cost DYI kit. A link to that thread for you.
Thanks for the link, will check it out. :D
This might be a good option
Fully built. ;)
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:
Whoamus wrote:Reminded me of a thread on the ED forums about a low cost DYI kit. A link to that thread for you.
Thanks for the link, will check it out. :D
This might be a good option
Fully built. ;)
Keep us posted if you buy and how you like it. I was considering something like this for flying and driving games. I can have shipped to the US with a total cost including shipping for less than $75 US.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok will do but first I need to do a bit of research to see if these things are any good and if so what's the best one to buy. :think:
(was hoping someone on here had used one but guess not :( )
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Not all games support it, but it can be a nice feature. Some even use an ordinary webcam for it. There is software that can make use of that.

There will always be a bit of lag. So depending on the speed of your movements it feels realistic or not. Can make you dizzy as well.

For flight sims or race games it looks cool, but needs to get used too.

It was supposed to be supported in The Crew as well. TrackIR that is. Don't know if it is.

:geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
It was supposed to be supported in The Crew as well. TrackIR that is. Don't know if it is.
:geek:
Here it is being used in The Crew (wild Run) :D

Delay doesn't look to bad. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Did look like it worked well. I know from what I have read that you can adjust the sensitivity and also have a dead zone so small head movements are not detected. This one uses IR and the one from ED used motion sensors. I could see using this in ED or any flight sim where the ability to look up and down along with left and right can be critical. Also either truck sim since you have those pesky stop lights and cross traffic, using mouse look in ETS 2 can be a pain.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:Did look like it worked well. I know from what I have read that you can adjust the sensitivity and also have a dead zone so small head movements are not detected. This one uses IR and the one from ED used motion sensors. I could see using this in ED or any flight sim where the ability to look up and down along with left and right can be critical. Also either truck sim since you have those pesky stop lights and cross traffic, using mouse look in ETS 2 can be a pain.
Yes I think it will work well with ATS (and its just been released) now the question is do I go for the cheaper version and take a chance it works just as well or step up and get the TrackIR 5. :think:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:
Whoamus wrote:Did look like it worked well. I know from what I have read that you can adjust the sensitivity and also have a dead zone so small head movements are not detected. This one uses IR and the one from ED used motion sensors. I could see using this in ED or any flight sim where the ability to look up and down along with left and right can be critical. Also either truck sim since you have those pesky stop lights and cross traffic, using mouse look in ETS 2 can be a pain.
Yes I think it will work well with ATS (and its just been released) now the question is do I go for the cheaper version and take a chance it works just as well or step up and get the TrackIR 5. :think:
Lots of research for you to do to decide and there are a few more choices besides these two. From what I have read, TrackIR is the most mature since it has been around a while so it may be your best bet if you don't want to spend too much time researching and can afford the additional cost for that.

Return to “Gaming Gear”