TrackIR Head tracker

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well I've been Scanning eBay looking for a TrackIR second hand as these new in the UK are £140 and up and I am still not convinced how good they are yet. :mrgreen:

It seems not many are for sale on eBay UK and the ones that are for sale are still pricy even though they are second hand :o however I found one for sale from a local guy for £50 or nearest offer problem is it has a crack in the screen :shock: he says it is still in full working order so as he is local I put in a cheeky offer of £38 and he has excepted it. :banana-dance:

I was going to go and pick it up as it is not far from me but I have decided to just let him post it as it was only £3.30 extra. :whistle:
For this price it gives me a chance to check one out and if I really like it then I might consider getting a new one and if it doesn't work out so good I will just bang it back on eBay and no big loss. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Well I've been Scanning eBay looking for a TrackIR second hand as these new in the UK are £140 and up and I am still not convinced how good they are yet. :mrgreen:

It seems not many are for sale on eBay UK and the ones that are for sale are still pricy even though they are second hand :o however I found one for sale from a local guy for £50 or nearest offer problem is it has a crack in the screen :shock: he says it is still in full working order so as he is local I put in a cheeky offer of £38 and he has excepted it. :banana-dance:

I was going to go and pick it up as it is not far from me but I have decided to just let him post it as it was only £3.30 extra. :whistle:
For this price it gives me a chance to check one out and if I really like it then I might consider getting a new one and if it doesn't work out so good I will just bang it back on eBay and no big loss. :mrgreen:
Cool. Keep us posted. Not in any rush as I am not currently playing anything that could use and head tracking. I would be curious to know how easy set up and the software work out for you.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Track IR arrived the other day and it was in a worse state than I was expecting :o I guess you don't get much for £38 these days. :P

Fortunately the unexpected damage was to the stand or clip (or what ever you call the bit that attaches it to the top of your screen) it had been glued together and fell apart as soon as I tried to attach it to the top of the monitor. ;)

Luckily a bit of tape soon fixed this problem and it is now firmly fixed to the monitor :mrgreen:
It also has a crack in the scree, this I knew about and it is version 4 not 5 this I did not know as he said he could not confirm the model. :shifty:

Putting all this damage aside I downloaded the latest software and plugged it in to see if it worked and to my surprise it did. :dance:
I also tried it with The Crew but only for about ten minutes and it seemed to work ok except for a little juddering when I turned my head right round to the left of right but this may be due to the fact that I haven't set it up correctly and may just need some fine tuning. :think:

This is a video of some guy going through the setup

Once I get it setup correctly I will make a few short videos showing how it works in The Crew and ATS. :party:
Image Image

Return to “Gaming Gear”