Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thrustmaster has been working with Sparco on their new flagship wheel TS-XW Racer Sparco p310

That looks very promising. With one of the leading racing wheel brands providing the wheel and native Thrustmaster support in many racing games this can be an instant winner. Won't be cheap though. All high end components.
the wheel can easily be detached from the THRUSTMASTER TS-XW servo base thanks to the handy THRUSTMASTER Quick Release system.
This will allow easy switching of other Thrustmaster compatible wheels to the new wheelbase.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/%D0%9 ... aboration-

The insane external PSU can deliver up to 400w of power. And it is shaped in the form of a real Turbocharger :eeek:

The TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod racing wheel will be available from September 22, 2017, at a suggested retail price of USD $649.99
Only downside of Thrustmaster wheels are still the pedals. No load cell but a rubber ball for brake "feel". They clearly have to step up their game there as well. There are load cell mods available of course, but it would be cool if they can provide that technology straight out of the factory box. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So you are getting this wheel and sending the old unsupported Fanatic back :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 am So you are getting this wheel and sending the old unsupported Fanatic back :P
Nope, but it will be a very good alternative for "midrange" Fanatec wheels. Fanatec has become way too expensive for what they have to offer. They now target the even more high end solutions with a new direct drive wheelbase.
Fanatec is just as well supported as Thrustmaster. IT messed up with their latest updates. Or i have to go back to an ancient firmware version that was available at the time of release. Crew1 does not get new stuff. Crew2 will most likely have all support needed. But how to fly with a steering wheel? :o

Thrustmaster steps in the smart way. Offering a high end solution that is just above their current line up and remains "affordable" for the more serious PC/XB1 racers.
It will still set you back up to around 1.000€, if you want good pedals and a seperate shifter. The proposed 650$ is just for the wheel.

I like the wheel, the looks and the tech they provide. But for high end pedals, you still need to shop elsewhere. And XB1 needs everything connected through the wheelbase. Not other brand options there.

Sparco is a strong partner with roots in all racing series. I have some pro-stuff from them as well. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:17 am Crew2 will most likely have all support needed. But how to fly with a steering wheel? :o
That is the big question, as IT and reviewers said it is an arcade game first and foremost, as the majority of the player base is arcade players and only a few actually uses a wheel, so maybe you would need to have a Xbone controller along side your steering wheel.
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

The Don got his new wheel. :auto-swerve:

Last friday i finally bought the TS-XW on ebay for 519 Euro (569 Euro minus 50 Euro black-friday-tech-discount), which was the lowest offer i saw during the last 6 months. Yesterday the wheel arrived. :woot:

Parallel i bought the TH8A-shifter on amazon for 99,90 Euro (originally 129,90 Euro with a 30 Euro voucher i still had laying around here). The shifter was not instantly available there (at least not for that price), but yesterday morning i got the confirmation that it is on the way and will be delivered during the next week.

Last night i did the first ride with it in TC2 and what should i say. When you are used to a G27 it's a totally different driving. Finally some straight, linear forces and no centerspring needed anymore to have some weight in wheel. And most importantly no shitty rumbling and cracking anymore. :banana-dance: IvoryTower can kiss my Thrustmaster. :banana-linedance:

It will probably take a couple of weeks until i finally get used to it, esp. the strong forces, but i instantly felt in love with it. :)

Here are some pictures. ;)

► Show Spoiler

btw this is how it looked with the G27 before.

Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very nice :2thumbsup:

Just FYI, Thrustmaster belongs to the same family that owns a large portion of UbiSoft.
I have been working with their development department on some products in the past.

One of the reasons why all TM wheels are very well supported in The Crew.

Good luck smashing all your records. And yes, a precision guided (HEART Tech) moving magnet and a solid powerful wheelbase make a lot of difference.
Logitech G25/27 is pretty much bullitproof though and i used mine for at least 4 years with hard torturing racing.
But all cars more or less feel the same when driving. T300 or 500 wheelbases have a much more detailed feedback.

How are the pedals? Do you have load cells? :ugeek:

EDIT; i see it comes standard with the T3PA pedals with conical rubber brake mod. That works well as it gives a kind of added resistance when pressing the pedals further.
For even more brake "feel", you can grab a Load cell mod from Ricmotech.

T3PA Pro Pedals;

https://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit ... -lc500.htm

Or T3PA Standard

https://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit ... mt-lc3.htm

Load cells react on pressure, instead of travel. And allow more precision braking.

Return to “Gaming Gear”