Taking Racing Sims to the Extreme

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Most triple screen setups have way too small monitors, like 22" or 24". This one had huge ones, probably TV. The kink between the bezels can now be removed with the new GTX10xx, so that it looks like one whole screen. And have a more natural appeal.
TV sets have usual more lag, making it less suiable for gaming setups. But some have special gaming settings. Oled TV are awesome but expensive.
In addition to that iRacing migh be one of the best Sims around, but also has slightly outdated graphics. Assetto has both the eye candy and real driving physics, although i think most sliding is unrealistic in all sims.

I prefer my ultra wide 21:9 above these triple screens. Gives a nice natural view and a good sight on the upcoming apex. :party:

It is good to see that professional drivers use these SIMS to prepare for upcming events.
PC racing has come to a very realistic level.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

What is GTC10xx ? :?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:What is GTC10xx ? :?
That was a typo, should be GTX10xx, like GTX1080. New tech for multiscreen setups make perspective corrections, so it does not look weird anymore.

SMP - Simultaneous Multi-Projection

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/ms ... iew,7.html
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Dear Santa............... :P
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I found this video of a dude, who uses Leo Bodnar, Vesaro, Fanatec and custom dash stuff. Very nicely done.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Wow that's some rig :o

i wonder how much it all cost, i noticed in the comments someone said about 10K but not sure if that's about right.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:24 pm

i wonder how much it all cost, i noticed in the comments someone said about 10K but not sure if that's about right.
My rig is well over 10K, this one will top 25K easy. :eeek:

You can buy a 595 Abarth for that home rig. Makes you wonder what is more fun. :think:

But most of the choices he has made make sense to me. If you want to take it to the next level. 8-)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This 35K $ rig is more simple, except for the awesome 4K 65" screens and triple Titan PC.

And the motion stuff. Personally i like Vesaro best. But placing attenuators under your rig will nt make you any faster. Can be fun though. Expensive too...

Return to “Gaming Gear”