Fanatec

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, there is very little choice in wheels for the XB1 right now. That will change for sure. Best option right now is the Thrustmaster TX with the optional Ferrari 458GT wheel for the T500RS. Good thing about Thrustmaster is the compatibility with other in-house products.

Fanatec is working on XB1 and PS4 products as well. Right now some wheels do only work if game producers have build in support for it.

It is very well possible that the new direct drive wheel base will appear soon®. But this has been a great way to get the CSW base for those who want to build a Fanatec setup.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice review from Shaun on a first look at the ClubSport Porsche 918 RSR wheel. :2thumbsup:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

The fanatec gear is good when its working right. Just hope you dont have to deal with their customer service. I had a GT3RS V2 two years ago and after two months it broke. It took them ten days to get back to me. I got the wheel replaced and a month later the power supply for the replacement wheel died. Then they sent me a used power supply for my wheel. Two months later my replacement wheel packed it in too. It took them a month to send me a replacement wheel which I sold because I got fedup of the damn wheel breaking.

Anyway I bought a standard CSR wheel three months ago and its going good since I got it and I got the CSR Elite pedals just over two years ago. The pedals have never let me down yet.
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Maybe it was a bad idea to get another Fanatec wheel after all. This morning my CSR refuses to go into PC mode. I've tried it on my laptop just in case it was a problem with my computer and I changed the USB lead but it refuses to go into PC mode. It will go into PS3 mode no problem though. If I have to get the wheel replaced I will sell the replacement and FANATEC can consider me as not a customer anymore.
Fractal Design Define R4
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Fanatec Club Sport Wheel is of excellent quality and the Customer service is very good as well.
I have heard different stories, especially from US customers about different products, but my experience is very good with both the products and the customer support.

I do have a premium account, due to my complete set of Fanatec CSW and being one of the first to get one.

It is running fine after 2 years of hard driving. Very precise, positive FFB and great V2 pedals with load cell brakes and clutch with "release" mechanism.

Fanatec rocks :2thumbsup:

:character-blues:

steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Dont talk to me about Fanatec Support. Last time I had to get support it was a horrible experience. I got the wheel working again though. For some strange reason it changed from needing the connect button to set PC mode after 4 months to needing the back button pressed. Go figure.
Fractal Design Define R4
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There will be a new high end direct drive Club Sport wheelbase coming up soon®.

That will be even better than the dual belt driven base i use.

And the good part is that all previous CSW wheels and addons will be compatible with the new base.

PS I see most complaints are about the CSR and Porsche GT wheels, not the CSW.
and Thomas is aware of some of these issues;
I know very well that reliability is our vulnerable point and we need to focus on that. You will see in the coming months that we did exactly that and focused on all weak spots of the products.
My experience with Fanatec is a positive one.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fanatec has released their CSW Base V2

This one is also compatible with the new consoles (optional) and has a stronger motor, still belt driven and not direct drive as i suspected, but a nice upgrade of components. Cooling has been improved and feedback is faster and even more precise.

:auto-swerve:

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

here is another one MadmanCK, not sure if you are like me but I like see how internals work and what is on the inside of my products Barry always goes deep into the products.

Anything done by Shaun I wont watch after what he did to Darin from ISR but a review is a review :)

Once I finish moving house I will be getting the V2 hopefully before The Crew release I hope its on The crews wall of wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote:Once I finish moving house I will be getting the V2 hopefully before The Crew release I hope its on The crews wall of wheels
The Fanatec CSW is natively supported in The Crew. Even the colored buttons from the BMW rim were used.

And i asked Tixier directly about the wheel. He told me that even shifting lights will be supported. And i already liked the driving in the beta.

PS I don't know who did what to who at simracing, but it is not the same anymore for both of them. Magic has gone from both review sites. But they are still capable of telling what they really like or not about the products and are usually spot on. I found Shauns new channel a while back. But these links were from the fanatec site.

Return to “Gaming Gear”