Fanatec

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I didnt like the FFB in the beta. The faster I drive the stiffer the steering got but I felt absolutely no FFB effects in my standard CSR wheel. Anyway I'm going to try and upgrade to that CSW V2 some time next year after I've fully upgraded my computer (most parts anyway , excluding case , PSU , Keyboard , mouse and monitor)
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
DECK-S
New Starter
New Starter

You can really see the pure quality in this product, I have originally been looking at purchasing the Thrustmaster T500RS with TH8A for use on the PS4, but after having been told about this new V2 by MadManCK on another forum and having now spent a bit of time looking into it, I am now thinking of maybe hanging on to wait to hear about wheel and pedal compatibility.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The V2 will only be compatile with a specific type of wheel that will be specially developed for both consoles. It probably needs a firmware upgrade than as well. But it is good to see the more serious wheels becoming available for the new consoles.

BTW the T500RS is an excellent choice as well. There is an awesome addon wheel for it as well.

I have an invitation to buy a V2, lol. These days you need an invite to buy from the first batch hahaha. :2thumbsup:

It will become available later this year. It looks awesome.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DECK-S
New Starter
New Starter

Nice one for the info, I'm in two minds now, as you say, the T500RS is an excellent wheel, but like you, I am a bit partial to German Engineering!!! :D I think I am going to hold out for a little while longer to see about wheel compatibility before jumping in with the T500RS, I would certainly rather wait and pay the extra for a Fanatec!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For the last two weeks i have been driving, using the clutch pedal as a brake with left foot braking, lol. It was not easy and most of the time just on/off brakes.

Reason for this is that i finally broke the load cell in the brake pedal of the Club Sport V2 pedal set. I have the set for 2.5 years now and have read stories of a lot of other players who had similar issues with the brakes after a shorter period than i did. I have set the load cell sensitivity at 85% to stretch the lifetime a bit.
The brake pedals are also equipped with an oil damper to give it a bit of a mushy feel that greatly adds to the control you get under braking.

I got the replacement parts Tuesday and have spent a couple of hours yesterday to change the cell. I had to remove the pedals from the simulator and they are hard bolted with steel bolts.
Replacing was pretty much straight forward, except the tiny little thing that goes on the tinly little circuit board that can only be reached if you have tiny little Chinese fingers. :angry-banghead:

Braking with the new load cell is like new again. And i did order a couple of load cells, so next time i don't have to wait as the Fanatec tream was enjoying a Chrismas Holiday. Well deserved off course.

So now i can finally get back to breaking WR in The Crew. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Glad you got it sorted. :rightthumbup:
But all this means to us is that you will be even harder to keep up with now. :mrgreen:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, maybe. ;)

I received my Handbrake last week. Way earlier than expected as the delivery date was supposed to be around 16 March. :lol:

Now i will have to find a way to make it fit in my rig. Already disassembled and reassembled the device to make it a Rallye style handbrake in the upright position.

It is all made of steel, so it looks like it can withstand some yanking on the brakes :mrgreen:

It has an axle, so it does not act like a button, but like a real handbrake.

:woot:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks awesome :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have it working now. It only works if you connect the pedals through USB. It appears as an extra axis in the setup menu. And it works very well. Great handbrake.
I have mounted it in the updright position to create a kind of Rallye style feel with it. Beats pushing a button anytime.

I also came along this video. For those that want more realism in their driving. ;)
Using a Club Sport wheel in a real race car, epic :lol:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

PS I used my VIP code on the V2 Wheel hub, should have done that earlier and it will probably arrive with the next batch in June. Looking forward to that one.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool, now you're ready to do some gymkhana :mrgreen:

Return to “Gaming Gear”