Fanatec

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

madmanCK any word if wild run will have analog hand brake support and V3 support
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote:madmanCK any word if wild run will have analog hand brake support and V3 support
After my Tixier rant you should know better :D

But i already use the Fanatec Handbrake in The Crew ;)
The V3 vibrations for brake and pedals will most likely not be supported straigthaway. But as Tixier builds wheels and Sim stuff himself, he can make it work. He is only reluctant to do it for Fanatec somehow. Thrustmaster was involved during development. But he has all the wheels and other gear in the Studio to work on, including Fanatec. So he can make it work. He only needs the proper motivation.

My best bet is that he has been occupied with the new physics updates for every car, that comes with the Wild Run expansion.
So i give him the benefit of the doubt once again, even if i know he simply refused to give the Fanaleds team access to the shifting lights SDK.

I will do some research anyway

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I can find out soon® if anything works with the new V3 pedals as they will arrive tomorrow :2thumbsup:

Busy weekend ahead :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Alowgo
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:I can find out soon® if anything works with the new V3 pedals as they will arrive tomorrow :2thumbsup:

Hey MadmanCK, congrats on getting a set off the first run of the V3 pedals. Hopefully all will be good. :rightthumbup:

They should be a simple remove old ones and replace with new ones. All the mounting holes are in the same place as V2 and V1.
So it should be kind of a plug and play situation. No need to pray :pray: as things are more Plug and Play then ever before.

Have Fun :auto-driving:

Later
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:I can find out soon® if anything works with the new V3 pedals as they will arrive tomorrow :2thumbsup:

Cool, but does this mean you are actually going to be stripping down your race sim and installing the nice brand new CSW wheel you got a few months ago ? :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Alowgo wrote:Hey MadmanCK, congrats on getting a set off the first run of the V3 pedals. Hopefully all will be good. :rightthumbup:

They should be a simple remove old ones and replace with new ones. All the mounting holes are in the same place as V2 and V1.
So it should be kind of a plug and play situation. No need to pray :pray: as things are more Plug and Play then ever before.

Have Fun :auto-driving:

Yes, the pedals will fit without too much effort. I have them mounted with thick steel bolts. :mrgreen:
I ordered an additional damper for the brakes. That one is much larger than the oil damper on the V2. There is an option to mount one on the throttle as well. They are adjustable so the dampening factor can be adjusted. But i did not order one for the throttle yet. For the brakes it makes more sense to me.

Bear304 wrote:Cool, but does this mean you are actually going to be stripping down your race sim and installing the nice brand new CSW wheel you got a few months ago ? :P
Yes, i finally will mount the V2 CSW base and the V3 pedals. I wanted to mount new midrange speakers as well. But that will have to wait. Maybe i will order different ones. The ones i have here are too small for the holes in the dash. And i need some punch from them as the rest of the bass comes from under the seats, where the 2x10" subs are mounted. So i configured the cross-over filters to cover more mid-bass from the mid range speakers.

But i will start with the pedals first. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just finished mounting the V2 Wheelhub and V3 pedalset with brake damper.

The FFB is much smoother than with the wheelhub V1, but also harder to adjust. V1 was usually at 100 in most games.
I find it difficult to get a good setting in The Crew. pCars was more easy. But you do not really notice when the car starts to slide. Unlike the V1 where that was more obvious.
Also as some effects are very strong, others are underpowered. I needed to put the in game FFB slider to around 50% in The Crew. Now i want the refinement back. :D

Overall the V2 feels more solid. It is something to get used to. The FFB is a lot stronger and also more durable with the V2.
It will take a while before i can push as hard with the new wheelhub as the previous one. V3 Pedals feel the same as the V2. Brake needs more pressure, but that is O.K.

A nice upgrade.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did some tests in pCars this morning and the V2 is a bomb.
Also the new pedals have less resistance and are just a little bit more precise because of that.

The FFB is way more fluent than with the V1. Almost like a spring with variable tension. I left everything at 100 to get a good comparison and besides the slightly stronger effects, it drives awesome. So i leave it at that.

Could not test The Crew due to server errors. Setting up the wheel in The Crew needs more time and effort. Default is not good.

Boxing the CSW V1 and CSP V2 today to ship to Germany, where both will be refurbished at the factory. :party:

Alowgo
New Starter
New Starter

Hey MadManCK, if you have not been to Fanatec's website lately. You might want to take a browse over there. I think you might want to do some beta testing with your V3 pedals.

New Brake Performance kit betatesters wanted/needed - 60 testers in total

They just posted this and no one had signed up at the time of this post.

Good Luck MadManCK

Later
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.
Edit: signed up as no.12 :D

The shifting lights and speed dial work in The Crew now. Very nice.

Return to “Gaming Gear”