Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

My CSW-V2 arrived today. I will do the transplant soon®

Lots of work as it is the heart of my rig of course. If the dimensions are the same i won't have issues. But i think it might be slightly longer. This means new hole drilling, new fitting and wiring etc. The hot air exhaust is at the rear now, which means i need to mount it so the air can escape freely.
But in the end i think the V2 will be an improvement over my 3 years old CSW-V1. That one was acting up a bit lately. I will have that one refurbished by Fanatec so i can do a double setup at home to race with friends. :D

V2 has a single, more powerful brushless motor and works with HAL (magnets) for positioning, instead of the optical sensor and dual motors of the V1. It is supposed tho have a smoother operation. But the V1 i have is already pretty good, until recently when one motor started to jerk a bit.

I will post some pics as soon® as i have the time and energy to do some work on this. Right now i'm busy with other stuff and it is also hot in Amsterdam.
Lots of projects and lots of work ahead. But i'm looking forward to get in the seat with this new wheelhub.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

:rightthumbup:

Now there is no hope of catching you in the races :lol:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That's all we need, Madman with a new and improved wheel. :lol: (well at least The Witcher doesn't have any cars so I guess I will just plat that for the rest of my life ;) )
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is also a Fanatec universal wheelhub now for XB1

This will allow you to mount various wheels to your wheelhub, including 3rd party wheels.
All XBone functionality is on the wheelhub.

Nice if you got an XB1. True high end stuff there.
Product will become available on 28th May.

http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-w ... ne-eu.html

PS Fanatec prizes have gone up 20-30% due to the current US $ - EU € exchange rates.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Now this is more like it I would love one of those. :drool:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Introducing the Club Sport Pedals V3

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That's one of the best set of pedals I have ever seen. :eeek:
AWESOME!
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, they look great. The D-pads are also an option on the V1 or V2 pedals. But the new V3 has some additional adjustments and some new FFB motors. The optional oil damper on the V3 brakes is standard installed on the V2. While the V1 had brake vibration and the V2 not. It seems the V3 combines the best from all and adds some new adjustments. But selling the damper separately is a ripp-off. Fanatec prizes have gone up over 30% already. Man jewelry starts to get expensive.

Maybe nice for a future upgrade :D

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

FANATEC I LOVE YOU
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

360€ for the new V3 pedal set and if you want dampers for the brake or throttle, you pay another 80€ each. So a complete set can go over 500€, which is a lot of money.

The HAL sensors in my current V2 are acting up (throttle) so i can not drive again. I just replaced the load cell (brakes) a while back and all these sensors are probably failing at the same time. So now i need to order some replacement parts. Usually they arrive in just a couple of days. But i have these pedals now for about 3years and think parts like this should last a bit longer. Even with the mileage i put on them.

The improvements of the V3 are a better load cell (90Kg force) easy handbrake connect (in the V2 you need to disassemble the circuit board casing etc.) and even more adjustability.
Fanatec is evolving their products all the time. The FFB on throttle and brakes is unique. On brakes has been done before, but i have not seen it on the throttle. This will simulate spinning wheels which can improve your starts or control drifts better. Nice touch.

I might send the complete V2 pedal set to Germany for refurbishing. Together with the V1 wheel base, which is still working fine BTW.

Maybe i will end up using the good old Logitech G25 pedals for a while, as they work with Fanatec wheels through an adapter. And they were already 4 years old when i replaced them with my Fanatec kit ;)

Way too hot in Amsterdam to play racing games now anyway, with temperatures raising to 35 degrees this week.

I have send a PM to Fanatec CS. I will wait with ordering anything until i receive an answer from them.
The new V3 pedals will be delivered from August. But i have to think about ordering them straightaway. :think:
The mechanical part of the V2 is more or less the same. And the V2 also has an oil damper on the brakes already which works awesome.

Return to “Gaming Gear”