Fanatec

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just received the two Fanatec "jellybeans" for the brake upgrade.

I will move the damper kit from the brakes to the throttle to be able to feel the difference.
This means completely disassembling the brake pedals as they are hard mounted in my rig. I will make some other adjustments as well. Maybe mount different pads and so on.

No description or mounting manual. Just the parts. :o

EDIT: Manual was in the beta forum 8-)

This also means i'm now a Beta Tester for Fanatec and this product needs some torturing. :lol:

:party:

I did some quick research about the Eladur material they are made from, and it is a lot more high tech than it looks. It will for sure make braking even more precise and predictable.
I will start with the softer RED "jellybean" as the original used foam is a lot softer than both replacements.
Unfortunately all feedback will go to Fanatec as they first want to get our feedback before we spread the word and they the new product. Logical as thats what beta tests are all about.
But i will say if i like the improvement or not. :mrgreen:
Our ELADUR is used as a spring element in tool and fixture construction as well as machine, vehicle and aeroplane construction. Spring bars, spring rings, buffers, scrapers, ejectors and shock absorbers made from ELADUR have proven to be outstanding in the most difficult conditions and have overcome great load changes without signs of fatigue.
http://www.veith-kg.de/en/products/eladur/
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Good luck with the testing Mad :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have been testing the Eladur upgrade for a couple of days now and despite the usual test gremlins, the new brake feel has improved. I will continue to use it. Takes a short amount of time to get used to.
This should allow for a little bit better brake precision and maybe some faster lap times.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice review of the Fanatec V3 pedal kit. They even included the Eladur upgrade that is still in Beta, but will apperantly cost about 19$ in the US. I think it should be included with new V3 pedals and the current owners should get the kit for free.
There is a limit on how much you can milk the customers. :mrgreen:

BTW when it comes to quality, the base and pedals are all metal, but the circuit board is fragile and so is the wiring.
And don't forget i already kicked through one of the new heavy duty load cells in just 6 months time, where the V2 lasted at least 2 years before that happened.

I would still recommend the V3 Pedals. The adjustability, upgrades and connectivity are awesome. And it has vibration on both throttle to emulate wheelspin and brakes to give ABS and lock-up effects.
So no matter what wheel you use, the V3 is an awesome upgrade to any setup. Expensive but worth it.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Jay finally got some decent driving gear. That shifter is great, but also huge. I could not fit it in my rig, lol.
The XB1 compatibility is a great feature. But PC is still the way to go. Other hubs and wheels do not boot in XB mode.
That is just because he has the XB wheel hub and it makes sense that it auto boots in XB1 mode, as that is what it it designed for. :mrgreen:

But what he says is true. The difference between an G25/27 and Fanatec is huge in terms of realism. So is the prize.... :eeek:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have just picked up my good old Momo wheel, that once served me well in my Alpina BMW. It was dusting away on some shelf in a cellar and i was more than happy to pick that one up, as it is a quality wheel.

The wheel is 36cm in diameter, so 3 cm bigger than the BMW rim and the 918RSR rim from Fanatec.
Thanks to the Uni-hub from Fanatec, i will be able to use it in my rig or another. The universal hub also has modular buttons, you can add at will. So it is possible to create a full working sim wheel with an original car rim.
My old V1 wheelbase and V2 pedal set will be revised at Fanatec soon®. This allows me to setup a second rig. Probably with foldable seat. And the uni-hub with the Momo wheel will go on that one.

Nice little side project i had planned for a while now. :party:

Once finished it will have a similar appeal as this mount. Except from the yellow buttons on the wheel. And the Momo is smooth leather and round.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fanatec has released the CSL series of products. Wheelbase and pedal set. Cool part about it is, you can use the Club Spot Wheels with it. But for XB1 support you need the dedicated XB1 wheel. Pedals have a cool look anbd also a loadcell brake.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundle/pr ... dle_id;107

That is a great piece of kit for that prize. :2thumbsup:
Fanatec is announcing the CSL Elite Series!
A new era has come. Fanatec made the ClubSport technology more affordable and delivers an unseen price performance.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just for those, who are questioning the Fanatec service; i just recieved a completely new 918RSR wheel from them.
I did press the Nitro Button too hard (wonder why? :think: ) and it did not function anymore. Also the leather stitching was worn out. I had it for almost 2 Years.

I did expect them to replace the button for a new one, but instead they have sent me a completely new wheel. Worth 500€. :2thumbsup:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Awesome :2thumbsup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I mounted my good old Momo on the Uni-Hub. It took some more time, as one of the bolts did not come out and had to be removed in the shop. I let them replace all bolts with steel and now it is good to work with. Even if it looks simple, it took me almost 4 hours to mount.
SAM_0555.JPG
SAM_0558.JPG
SAM_0561.JPG
SAM_0567.JPG
Now i need to find a good center piece to fill the hole in the wheel. I might get an Abarth logo for it. You don't see that on a sim rig very often.
I tried this wheel yesterday during a cruise and it drives like a real car. Diameter is just an inch more than the GT wheels from fanatec.

This one will go on my second wheel base. It is currently revised at the Fanatec Shop in Germany. When it returns i will have 2 full sets to work with. :party:

Return to “Gaming Gear”