Fanatec

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just ordered the spare parts, including an adapter for my G25 pedals, lol.

I also pre-ordered the new V3 pedals with an additional damper for the brake pedal. I don't really see the point in adding a damper to the throttle. But i can always get that later.

It will be 36 degrees here later today. Probably 40 at the end of the week. So not really temperatures to do a workout behind the wheel. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

nice madmanCK i be doing the same doing whole rig overhaul slowly whats release date for you in Aus its 31-08-2015

same for wheel base as well 7-08-2015 :angry-tappingfoot:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, it will be a little wait until the end of August. But worth it for sure. 8-)

I still have to mount my V2 in my rig, as i have to adapt the whole dash for it as it is slightly longer. Mounting new midrange speakers at the same time.
But right now it is way to hot over here. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I will soon® return both the Clubsport Wheelbase V1 and the V2 Club Sport pedals to Fanatec in Germany to be reserviced. They are 3 years old now and have some serious mileage under their belt. Fanatec offers this service and will do a complete analysis and replace parts where needed. You will be billed according to the amount of replacements and work.
I will also evaluate the Fanatec CS a bit and give some feedback about that here. I do have a special account with them and always had good service so far.

I already replaced the load cell sensor recently, but a complete overhaul of the pedals will make them as new again.
The CSW V1 still works well, but sometimes has some FFB "glitches". Might be a simple calibration or sync thing (2 motors). But as i have my V2 already here, i will mount that anyway.

With the V3 pedals coming this way in August, i will have two complete sets soon®.
This will allow me to create an additional driving seat.

:party:

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadmanCK do you own one of the Fanatec shifters thinking about getting one but don't know anyone who actually owns one
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have a few friends who have them and they all say the shifter is awesome. After the 1.5 update. A bit bulky but very high quality. It is too big to fit in my current rig. That is why i grabbed the T500RS shifter. But the shifting with the fanatec feels more like shifting in a real car. You can even mount a buttkicker module on it to emulate transmission feedback. And it is customizable with after market shifter knobs.

Solid piece of Germaneering.

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

cool might pre-order one, yeah be to big for my rig but been building new one so it should fit should be done by October i hope lol

on side note managed to get Fanatec serviced CSW V1 for $500 should keep me going until i get my CSW V2, Also ordered Universal Hub as they are selling them cheap until inventory is sold for new version

G27 shaft broke and chip burnt out last weekend playing The Crew

Glad i have some one who knows how I feel to many toy's not enough rig space lol :2thumbsup:

Keep me posted on the V3 pedals i haven't ordered them yet
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Difference with the new Uni-Hub is the XB1 and PS4 support. For the rest they are similar.
I have one as well and mounted a few wheels on it. But i still prefer the Porsche 918 wheel as it is a bit lighter and turns faster. But this depends on the used bolt on wheel. I have mounted a pre-digital age F1 wheel from Personal (as used by the Williams F1 team/BRD, where it originated from) and that is awesome if you drive a classic 80's F1 with manual shifter. But there are full carbon wheels from Momo for a lot of cash that are superlight, even lighter than the Fanatec Porsche 918 wheel. But they are 800$ or so, just for the wheel.

And there are of course the bigger wooden wheels that are excellent for classic cars. Maybe it is a little hassle to mount a new wheel every time, but it is pretty cool you can adapt the wheel to your car choice of the day.

So that discount has made it to an interesting offer, even if they just recently went up 30% in prizes due to the USD-EU exchange rates. The big discount makes it a no-brainer. Especially if you have some good sports steering wheels lying around.

Looking forward to some pics. :party:

:text-worthless:

PS G27 R.I.P.

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

pics will come soon hopefully once all setup

How do i know if my wheel base is running the latest firm wear, Im looking on Fanatec site but does not explain how to install it or where to look
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-base ... #downloads

http://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec ... er_219.zip

This will install the latest driver and also will ask if you want to flash the firmware.
When the wheel starts, there will appear a number on the little screen (like 095) that is the firmware version that is installed on your wheelbase.

To center the wheel after an update (if it is sitting to 10 o'clock for example) place it in the center position, press both (joy and hud*) at the same time, hold and release. Than reboot the wheelhub. It will center automatically. But normally it will center correctly after a firmware update. As seen in this CSW manual vid

* i don't know which two you need to press at the Uni-Hub :lol:

Return to “Gaming Gear”