Best Wheel for Racing Games

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

What is the best wheel for Race Games, like TDU2?

According to some the Logitech Driving Force GT is one of the only wheels in TDU2 where the Feedback (FFB) actually works. A cheap wheel as well.

I only used my good old G25 and my current CSW on TDU2. Before the DLC2 there was a decent resistance/weight in the G25, after the patch all FFB was gone, except some rumble when the wheels are spinning. Currently driving wit artificial FFB from the Fanatec wheel. It's like driving a sim form the 80's all over again.

The Club Sport Wheel works excellent with most race games, but GRID2 has the best wheel support so far for the CSW. You'll get a free workout at the same time if you leave everything at 100, lol

What wheel do you use and how does it work with TDU1, TDU2, Grid2 etc? :auto-swerve:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

MadManCK wrote:What is the best wheel for TDU2?

According to some the Logitech Driving Force GT is one of the only wheels in TDU2 where the Feedback (FFB) actually works. A cheap wheel as well.

I only used my good old G25 and my current CSW on TDU2. Before the DLC2 there was a decent resistance/weight in the G25, after the patch all FFB was gone, except some rumble when the wheels are spinning. Currently driving wit artificial FFB from the Fanatec wheel. It's like driving a sim form the 80's all over again.

What wheel do you use and how doe it work with TDU2?
G27 is the best for tdu2, FFB i don't have turned on due to killing wheel's quicker :o
nathan is a mexican!!
RamteamJax
Apprentice
Apprentice

snake250 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:What is the best wheel for TDU2?

What wheel do you use and how doe it work with TDU2?
G27 is the best for tdu2, FFB i don't have turned on due to killing wheel's quicker :o
FFB is also nothing like the real deal. Don't get fooled by companies saying that FFB is exactly like driving a real car.
I never have FFB turned on, because of the above ánd because it's a mass murderer (f*cks up your wrists).
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

RamteamJax wrote:
FFB is also nothing like the real deal. Don't get fooled by companies saying that FFB is exactly like driving a real car.
I never have FFB turned on, because of the above ánd because it's a mass murderer (f*cks up your wrists).
The FFB in some games is actually pretty good.
The combination of controls, physics and FFB in TDU1 was a benchmark for that time.
Also the "real feel" plugin for rFactor makes you feel like actually driving a car. Some real cars have less feedback than that.

Unfortunately this is not the case in all games. Most of the times the effects are either exaggerated, dumbed down or just controller rumble.
The effects in TDU2 are incomplete. One of the reasons many wheel drivers left the game for what it is.

The implementation and control are also strongly dependent on the quality of your wheel.
A good FFB setup helps you to improve your driving and intensifies the immersion of a driving game.
In combination with good sound effects it allows you to push the car to its limits.

PS If you want to test your wrists, try a real Formula racer on a race track, without power steering :auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I heard the keyboard is great
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

dpuff wrote:I heard the keyboard is great
For those who do not understand the concept of a steering wheel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steering_wheel

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Stick to the topic.
Anything not wheel related is considered as spam and trolling.

:back to topic:

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

i have a Driving Force GT wheel. it worked somewhat in TDU2 but with the obvious limitations. to me it felt like it wanted to work right, but thepoor handling of the car i.e. the rear end not swaying made the ffb feel like the way you would expect with the car plowing into all the turns. i always did feel the ffb is working, its reacting to a car thats not behaving correctly. fix the car and the ffb would feel right.

problem is no one is there to fix the car.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Logitech Driving Force GT is rumored to be one of the few wheels that actually have a "working" FFB in TDU. The Thrustmaster 500 is the other one that seems to work.

After Xarlith made the CSW been recognized in TDU2, i have some basic FFB. Some weight in the wheel when cornering or counter steering is there.
The files are probably all there but do not work properly somehow. It might indeed be related to the handling. All those files are connected somehow.
Too bad the devs never took some time to fix it properly.

The good news is that "discoveries" are made now how some of the files work and work together. It will take a while before a fully working FFB patch will be made. But it probably is possible.
But for that you will have to rely on the Unofficial Patch, a future version of it.

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

i didnt know Xarlith had made that much progress. im still without a video card and cannot do anything.

Return to “Gaming Gear”