Oculus Rift and Vireio Perception software

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

it looks like they are going to make the Oculus Rift work. more and more game titles are announcing intended support for it.

now there is a company that has done what I had hoped someone could do, provide software to convert older non-3d games and convert them for stereoscopic 3d support. its called Vireio Perception software.

from an article:

As we were promised the new version 2.0 of the free and open source Vireio Perception software for Oculus Rift just got released today, adding a lot of new and interesting features and making even more games that were not designed to be played with the Rift to be played with the Head Mounted Display device. This way you can get to play regular games that were not designed to be played with Virtual Reality display devices rendered in VR mode with stereoscopic 3D support and head tracking available separately from your mouse control. But Vireio Perception goes beyond only Oculus Rift support as the software can be used with other devices and not long ago it was announced that there will be support for castAR for example as well. - See more at: http://3dvision-blog.com/9234-the-new-v ... iztp1.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2014 is the year of the gamer
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I know Assetto Corsa is supported by it. Looks very cool. But also awkward. VR is coming to home. :eeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

Too weird! I was just having beers up at my local, and my uncle was talking about some new VR thing, this must have been it. Not that he's a techie, I do all his computer work for him.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The future of gaming :laughing-rolling:

And for the Skyrim fans
:eeek:
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

this is the latest version of the Oculus. its call Crystal Cove.

for tracking I wonder why they don't try some sort of micro gps system using short range radio signals. it could be as simple as placing 3 or more transmitters around your room with 2-3 receivers in the headset. that would create a precise 3d position and orientation signal. the headset would send the data back to the computer.

Return to “Gaming Gear”