What tablet size do I need?

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

What the title says [I'd make a fancy description but I have to get to bed now, tomorrow is the first day of school :cry: ]
I'll be watching movies, playing games, recording videos [yeah I know tablet cameras suck lol] and making skype calls.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well for movies a 10 inch is fine

Android, ISO OR W8 ? You need to make a choice

Apple iPad mini or air with cover keyboard stand would be the easiest to live with in a busy daily school life.

Myself I'm have a fulfleghed W8 tablet pc - but it is slow but very practical ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

On a 10" you can do everything, but a 7" is more practical on the move.

All depends how you want to use it. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:Well for movies a 10 inch is fine

Android, ISO OR W8 ? You need to make a choice

Apple iPad mini or air with cover keyboard stand would be the easiest to live with in a busy daily school life.

Myself I'm have a fulfleghed W8 tablet pc - but it is slow but very practical ;)
android, thats why its posted in the android section hehehe :D
IOS artifacts your phone/tab with future updates [happened to my mom's Iphone 4 recently] and windows 8 is too demanding to run any semi demanding game on a tablet. Plus android has the largest selection of apps around, too :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, i have an Android tab too. A 10" Transformer T300. But if you want to hold it in one hand for a long time it can become "heavy".

A 7" fits in your pocket (jacket) and there are Full HD versions. But even a 720p will look awesome and is better with games.
Get one with a Tegra K1 or similar.

It all depends what you want to do with it.

7 inch phones are lame, 7 inch tablets are cool :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol havn't seen what thread folder it was in at the time, early morning brain i guess ;)

How about the Nvidia Shield?

It would suit all of your needs :lol:

It is a very well spec'ed tablet http://shield.nvidia.com/gaming-tablet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* 5 MP front and rear camera
* 8" screen with 1920x1080
* Android
* Dedicated graphic card
* Decent battery life 20 W/h

The Shield runs Android, plus it has the Nvidia horsepower to play games - even stream games from a desktop with a nvidia card 8-)

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Hehe, that one combines the best of both worlds. Pretty cool too.

Steam already has the option to use you PC as workstation for games. With this Nvidia tablet it becomes real.

I think 8 inch is a good format too. :2thumbsup:

299 dollar is a lot though...

I think the GTX280 had 192 stream processors as well, lol :D

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:Lol havn't seen what thread folder it was in at the time, early morning brain i guess ;)

It is a very well spec'ed tablet http://shield.nvidia.com/gaming-tablet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* Android
* Dedicated graphic card

The Shield runs Android, plus it has the Nvidia horsepower to play games - even stream games from a desktop with a nvidia card 8-)

This looks good, only downside is that the screen isnt as high res as the samsung ones.
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Prepsi wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Lol havn't seen what thread folder it was in at the time, early morning brain i guess ;)

* Android
* Dedicated graphic card

This looks good, only downside is that the screen isnt as high res as the samsung ones.
Prepsi, theres a few reasons why you shouldn't get a Samsung tablet.. 1. updates take along time to come around 2. the touchwiz skin on android is laggy 3. too much plastic...
nathan is a mexican!!
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

snake250 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:

* Android
* Dedicated graphic card

Prepsi, theres a few reasons why you shouldn't get a Samsung tablet.. 1. updates take along time to come around 2. the touchwiz skin on android is laggy 3. too much plastic...
this coming from the anti samsung nazi :loll:

Return to “Android Phones Apps & Games”