3D TVs

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Does anyone on this forum have one, I have thought about getting one but it looks like the end for 3D now as the BBC has announced it will put it on hold for 3 years.LINK

Never did like having to wear those glasses :geek:
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

my brother got one on his room,I don't like it.

3D is:

but that's just me,I'm oldschool.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Does anyone on this forum have one, I have thought about getting one but it looks like the end for 3D now as the BBC has announced it will put it on hold for 3 years.LINK

Never did like having to wear those glasses :geek:
3D TV can be awesome but it is a very good idea to go to a TV center and try it out for your self.
I have watched some sport matches, Soccer and Tennis in 3D as well as some short movies. At that time i decided not to go for it as those shutter glasses are both heavy, cause crosstalk and are very fatiguing for the eyes. Even at those high 400HZ TVs. After 30 min or so i was done with it.

My preference goes to passive 3D TV systems. Maybe you get a slightly less sharper image, but it works very well both with games and movies and is similar to the system used in the 3D Cinema. In addition to that the glasses are much cooler, lighter and you can choose from a wider variety. If you want some additional glasses, they are relatively cheap in comparison to the active shutter glasses.
Funny thing is that TDU2 works very well in 3D. Galop1n, the dev who worked on that did a very good job.

As long as there is no wide support for these TVs other than some test documentaries on Astra or the incidental sport broadcast, it will only be useful if you will play a lot of 3D Blurays or play 3D games.

The good thing about those 3D TVs is that the 2D image quality is usually top notch, with high refresh rates and a very smooth image.

In the end personal preference is the key. If you have the money and want the option, go for it.

My next TV will be 3D, but also 4K and with passive glasses. :eeek:
Will be a while before i buy it... [robs bank emo]

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

since E3 ive been keeping an eye on the Oculus Rift. the Oculus Rift is a head mounted display with the main feature being affordability. right now you can get a "developers kit",a fancy name for a trial prototype, for $300. thats about the cost of a good monitor. the developers kit version doesnt have the 1080p display that the E3 version has, so i dont know what that will do to the final cost.

the other head mounted displays available all cost $3000-$5000.everything else are shutter glasses.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I was on the brink of getting on but I think ill hold off now and see how thing progress, I already have a decent TV anyway (Panasonic Vera 46" plasma) 3 years old now but still has an excellent picture especially with Sky HD :D
Image Image
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

i've used 3D on the 360 and it's too good
nathan is a mexican!!

Return to “Gadgets, TV's, Laptops”