FiiO Player

Talk Music
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Another portable device, capable of playing studio quality recordings at uncompressed formats.
The Fiio X3 and X5

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.a ... =105026016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=1 ... 266&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.cnet.com/news/fiios-nifty-20 ... -knockout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What i like about this player is its shape, lol. It probably will fit better in your pocket than the Toblerone shaped Pono player.
In the end it all comes down at available music at the various stores.
If more music becomes available in very high quality, it is a good thing. Especially as the Pono store will charge a bit more for full albums than average on big Music stores like Amazon and Apple. A little competition in the high end department won't hurt.

It will be a tough choice, however, which one to buy.
Maybe the price tag will decide.

Pono player will be sold at 400$
FiiO X5 at 350$
FiiO X3 at 200$

Especially last one sounds interesting as it can play 192KHZ-24Bit music and has a wide support for other formats as well, including Apple Lossless (ALAC)

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks interesting I like the idea that you can use Micro SD cards up to 64GB to boost the memory on the other hand I do think the USB 2.0 connection is a bit strange seeing how long USB 3.0 has been out. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, USB 2.0, even my USB sticks are all USB 3.0 now, loading fast.

But music files are not as large. Still USB 3.0 support is more todays standard.

I found them at Amazon UK for an interesting price.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Especially the X3 is a good offer. Tempting... :lol:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK i ordered the FiiO X3, got it today. 8-)

What a sound. This is a very nice player. The operation of the device is simple but works just fine.
The sound reproduction is one of the best i have heard so far.

Absolutely recommended for those who want a HQ audio device. :2thumbsup:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Too late, just got this today. :D
Red 32GB
ipod 32bg red.jpg
red ipod.jpg
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very nice. I have had a few iPods in the past. 32gig is enough to put on some nice music.

I placed a 32g micro sdhc card in the FiiO, it comes with 8 gig internal memory and an expansion slot.

I will grab some HD audio albums this weekend. Unlike some of the reviews and scientific gibberish about audio files, i can clearly hear the difference between a CD and an HD music file. And my ears are surely not the best.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks, although the FiiO X3 will have way better sound quality the main reason I went for the iPod is because it will be used for casual listening and taking on holiday so the quality will not be an issue.
Also me and my girlfriend have just taken up bike riding to keep fit (Peddle bikes) so it will come in handy on the long rides. :auto-dirtbike:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

iPod is also much lighter, flat and a design icon. The integration with the iTunes shop comes in handy as well. I always liked iPods.

I currently try to get access to the HD music store. Some cool music over there, but a rather limited selection.
With the Pono shop coming up, that will be changed for sure.
Also Amazon has a HD Music selection coming up.

http://www.hdtracks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.24bit96.com/24bit96khz-downl ... nload.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_o ... ound/Music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:character-blues:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Clicked on the first link to compere prices but everything I click on just returns this "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions." :?
Image Image
KingSexyPuff
Rookie
Rookie

Bezrider wrote:Clicked on the first link to compere prices but everything I click on just returns this "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions." :?
try changing your IP.
PINK IS THE MANLIEST COLOR.
Click here if you hate Smash Bros >here

Return to “Music”