Steam Music Player

Talk Music
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Steam has recently added a Music Player feature that can play your own playlists, as well as some tunes from the Steam Music DB.

I think it is a cool feature. Very easy to use as it is directly accessible from the Steam menu.

:music-rockon: :music-rockout: :music-guitarred: :music-listen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Never noticed this before, will have to check it out. :musicheadphones:
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yes its a great tool I have been testing it since February , it will be even better once it shows what your listening to in your friends list which will be working soon i hope.

Back when they first tried it, you could only play game sound tracks it has been great watching it come together :rightthumbup:

:flags-australia: :auto-layrubber:
:auto-checkeredflag: FULYSIC :auto-checkeredflag:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Couldn't figure out how to add my own music, I tried to drag songs but it wouldn't let me. I can only play Wasteland 2 soundtracks, but how do I select other games soundtracks?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That should be fairly easy. I will try it and get back to you later. 8-)

PS There is a lot of free DLC audio now to grab on Steam.

EDIT i seem to have a large playlist that is based on my games. I don't see much options quickly. I will check more thorough later this week.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

To add your own music you will need to help Steam locate the files

To add your own music to steam

1. Click Steam top left
2. Goto settings
3. Goto music
4. Now click add and add any location in which you have music stored

Sometimes Steam can get lost finding music, so adding the directory as close as possible is the best solution

Creating a custom playlist

1. Goto to view click on music player, or option 2 hover over library goto down click on music
2. To add a new playlist click on the + symbol next to playlist
3. Name your playlist
4. Right click on the track you want to add, click add to playlist
5. Then click on Play list or add to queue if you want to listen to more than one playlist

If your feeling kind of lazy like me you can add all your music to one single folder, direct Steam to it then add the tracks you like to your playlist rather than having Steam search heaps of different locations.

Maybe MadmanCK can add to this, I cant add screenshots im still under a NDA for other stuff

If you get stuck let me know I will try and help

:flags-australia: :auto-layrubber:
:auto-checkeredflag: FULYSIC :auto-checkeredflag:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote:
Maybe MadmanCK can add to this, I cant add screenshots im still under a NDA for other stuff

:mrgreen:
steam music.png

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just activated this feature by letting it scan some music maps and it has added around 1000 tracks for now, lol. :musicheadphones:

A bit strange place to add the music files. But steam has more "logic" issues.
It works great though. And that is what counts the most. 8-)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I still prefer iTunes, would be lost without my iPod touch. :romance-heartsthree: :musicheadphones:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, but you can use this one while playing a game and change tracks without having to leave the game. I think it is limited to MP3 though. Does not play FLAC.

I prefer Foobar as it has a better sound quality than most players, can convert directly from FLAC to MP3 320 and off course i use XBMC (Kodi). But this steam player is a nice addon.

Return to “Music”