The Crew First Impressions

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Here are a few reviews from some of the other Lucky7 who went to the Ivory Tower 8-)

Soundwave at TDuck:
http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/3162 ... ish-Report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And from our American friend at Reddit:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And his Q&A
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here parts of the Article from Martin from Team VVV:
http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... -car-games" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... e-combined" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... h-The-Crew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Review from TDU France
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... t=&act=url" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has been a great trip. :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hey Mad, i was thinking, in the game does it have manual gear or is it auto only .. just something that's been bugging my mind :lol: because some of the new'ish games doesn't offer the option to select your own gears. (when using a xbox controller)

Anyways i'm just wondering

Btw some pretty nice reports too from people in your group, good but long... reading :party:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It has a very good Automatic gearbox. I drove in auto most of the time.
And off course manual as well. One of the guys from TDU France was driving with the controller on HC mode and manual gears. And cockpit view, lol.
I tried that as well and it was a real handful. If you are really good with a controller, that will probably be your preferred setting.
So manual is not only restricted to wheels, but also available on controllers.

Good question.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Great to hear, i'm really glad that The Crew is nothing like the junk that NFS have turned into :mrgreen:

Lol, the more i read my way through these long and detailed reports, the more i can't wait to try it out for the first time or blast down route 66 8-)

Thanks for answering it ;)
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

That was a great read, lucky one. ;)
I'll be honest, I had a lot of doubts about this game. (and still have)
Trying to be TDU but ending up being a wannabe.
Most of us know the whole story of TDU and TDU2. I guess I'll have to leave that behind and have some faith in these guys (and Ubi).
Reading and seeing these things from a trust-able source (I'm sure you know what you're talking about) gives a good feeling about this game.

Could this be the game we've all been dreaming about? Dang I'm getting excited. :D

I still wonder though; do cars come standard with nitro? Because that what gave me a lot of doubts about how this game would be. (read: another NFS)
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

MadManCK wrote:It has a very good Automatic gearbox. I drove in auto most of the time.
And off course manual as well. One of the guys from TDU France was driving with the controller on HC mode and manual gears. And cockpit view, lol.
I tried that as well and it was a real handful. If you are really good with a controller, that will probably be your preferred setting.
So manual is not only restricted to wheels, but also available on controllers.

Good question.
was the automatic like a real life automatic useing gear 5 and 6 when your not raceing around or will it use TDU styled gearbox
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I had my doubts about Nitros too. But it worked pretty well. It is functional and not over the top.
There will be NFS players who will play the Crew for sure.

Keep in mind that these are the inventors of TDU1 !
Most of the core of the Ivory Towers Crew have been working at Eden Games before.

This game does not have the dinky handling of NFS games, nor the forced drift mode from Grid2.
You can drift, but controlled and self inflicted. It is a real drivers game. Even if there are the obvious arcade game elements in there.

But it is also possible to switch off everything and just drive around as you please.
And that makes The Crew the Ultimate Cruising game as well.

Edit: The automatic gearbox worked well. With kickdowns and stuff. Don't know what happens if you are not racing as i did that all 10 hours :D

:character-blues:

blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cheers for the explanation, really appreciated.
Just watched the Videogamer video and they have quite some doubts about microtransactions and other things. Valid doubts, but we'll see how that works out.
I wonder though; they were talking about 8 players. Does it have the same system as TDU where you can connect to max. 8 players?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You can do missions and races with 4 others in one Crew. 4 vs 4 max. But you are always driving in the same open world as everybody else. It is an MMO after all.

8-)

\/8

MadManCK wrote:nor the forced drift mode from Grid2.
:2thumbsup:
I don't expect it to be a racing sim and I know it wasn't meant to be from the beginning. I just hope it won't have some ridiculous arcade physics. Also having HC, Sport and normal mode is a great thing.

Return to “The Crew Game”