In game communication

No votes

Total votes: 0
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I never used voice chat much though. Did sometimes in WoW because we became such a close-knit group of friends after all those years, then it is fun to have some talks.
I don't see why that can't happen in The Crew. Never say never. :D
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Well I sincerely hope voice chat is not the only option, I hate it, I just don't like havin' to speak through a mic, and also, while I'm playin' video games I am usually listening to my own music and I don't want to turn it off just to hear what the other player have to say.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Let´s put it this way, if i cannot turn it off, i will make a recording of the Afghani Idols auditions and play that throug the mic channel in a loop :loll:

:2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok I hear what everyone is saying, so if we don't use the voice chat and we can't use text chat how do we communicate?
(maybe you can text each other on the in game phone :idea: ) :o

PS. if you have a laptop you could use this as an extra screen, then use the TDU DriveTime chat box to communicate but this would get messy if more than one crew was using it at the same time. :(
Image Image
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Over on the ps3 we use both text chats and voice chat simultaneously. Those who don't have mics can communicate with us, and can usually hear us through the screen. It's also good if you are playing multiple games. (obviously the PS4 will have voice chat across games, but at the moment on PS3 its normal to only use your mic ingame). It can get a bit hectic with more than 4 people on the mic, but you learn to live with it and have a laugh.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe it will be possible to lock a crew or session. But i met a lot of players in TDU through text chat. Some use a different name within the game. You won't have the same interaction with voip. Some will simply turn it off.
Maybe i have to invent some Steven Hawking type of communication, text to speech and vice versa, so we can have the best of both worlds :P

Right now i'm looking forward to know a bit more about the Crew App for my Tablet. Maybe it will provide us with some communication options.
If we will ever use Team Speak or voip, i will have to work on my French accent as it will be Inspector Clouseau time all the way :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Whats this I'm hearing about no Text Chat Box in the The Crew, am I late to the party?

Voice chat has always been an option #2 in any mmo game. They better get their heads out of their asses, excuse me. I don't want to listen to someones bad Rap Music or random annoying noises or 8 year old kids yelling while I'm cruising, which is why I turned off all Voice Communications in tdu2. I have no doubt it will be the same in the The Crew. Just my 2 cents, as many would agree on this subject.

Text Chat is Universal.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:maybe you can text each other on the in game phone :idea:
That is exactly what i suggested to the devs. It would make sense to add that functionality.

:rightthumbup:
dpuff wrote:Text Chat is Universal.
:text-+1:

NascarVike
New Starter
New Starter

I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent on this. Text chat used to annoy the hell out of me in TDU because I can't type and drive at the same time. I'd meet very nice people and then when they felt like yapping I'd find myself stopping every thirty seconds just not to be impolite. No text chat means I can use a headset to communicate, or, even better, the excuse of not having a headset connected to just keep on driving, which is the only thing I like to do in a game like that.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

i can place a mic in my cockpit, no problem.
But than all the other players will be confronted with sounds you normally only hear during a Jungle Safari or a visit to the Zoo.
There are multiple reasons why i prefer the text chat. :lol:

Typing while driving is not optimal. I usually only do it when standing still or driving very slowly. But i still prefer that above all the yelling, burping, heavy breathing or cursing that comes with the miracle of in game Voip Chat.

At least having the option to communicate in different ways would be great.

Return to “The Crew Game”