Wheel Support In The Crew

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DFGT is one of the better wheels from Logitech. There are still players who use it in iRacing and stuff. But they all upgraded the pedal set, mostly to a version with load cell brakes.

Karu, the rear does brake out, the driving is lot more refined than in TDU1. When you provoke oversteer, it will happen, but you are always in control. This is in HC mode off course ;) And it strongly depends on the car too. They all have a different character and handling. In addition to that there is a big difference in handling between the various tuning options as well. I wouldn't worry about handling too much 8-)

It is advisable to test drive all optional cars first before you choose the starter car for example. Off course you will upgrade the car quickly with parts, but the base handling remains similar. It will become sharper and faster and with better brakes.

It really is a game where driving with a wheel can have benefits. It surely adds to the immersion.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Tweet from "wheel man" Sebastien Tixier.
The wall of wheels :lol:

[tweet][/tweet]

PS He blurred out the "cool wall" of cars behind.... :geek:

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Do you know if FANATEC wheels will be supported? I have a FANATEC CSR (Non elite) and CSR Elite pedals.
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

steve30x wrote:Do you know if FANATEC wheels will be supported? I have a FANATEC CSR (Non elite) and CSR Elite pedals.
I drive with a Fanatec CSW (918RSR) and CSP and it works pretty good. :2thumbsup:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

During last beta, i have driven with my Fanatec Club Sport Wheel in The Crew. I was pleasantly surprised with the native support and the FFB already felt pretty good. You could clearly feel the weight of the cars and the movements of the suspension.

Things like this greatly add to the driving immersion in The Crew. The button layout was a bit awkward and changing it only lasted the session. Every reboot there was the default setup again. In the end i decided to play with the default setup. But it was kinda weird. I had to use the left shifter peddle to select and the right to use the nitros for example and could not remap to manual gears.

I really hope that gets sorted and the button layout can be customized at will. i have a DSD button box as well, but could not use it yet for example.

The driving itself was excellent with very positive feedback at full strength. I left the FFB at the default 100% and that was very good.
The care and attention to that part of the driving in The Crew is very noticeable and because of that the driving in The Crew will be a huge step forward, compared to both TDU1 and TDU2 for example.

Maybe some wheels are not as good right now. I heard some complaints about the G27 setup. But it is also a matter of carefully setting up your wheel and take some time to go through all the settings.
After all this is still a beta and you will have to do some work yourself to get a good working wheel in The Crew.

I have previously played with a Thrustmaster T500RS and that was very good as well.

:auto-swerve:

Grisdoff
New Starter
New Starter

I´ll play with my Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2.

Return to “The Crew Game”