Wheel Support In The Crew

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

One of the things that matter in a driving game is wheel support. Where others have dropped it (NFS, shame on you) or dumbed it down dramatically (TDU2, yes), the Crew steps up with great driving dynamics and excellent wheel support.

I have only driven it with the Thrustmaster T500RS, that is shown here in the setup at the Ivory Tower Studios, and it felt really good.

What will you use to play the Crew?

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah alot of games fail in this region some new ones to which still are in early access i really hope it supports my rig mines a bit of a Frankenstein its more for iRacing so i hope it can blend into the crew my main concern is my DSD shifter sim dash and G27/Fanatec pedals and reverting back to just normal G27 is really really time consuming my other DSD products can be easily unplugged

Mutli monitor support will be my biggest issue i run 3 screens but my main center monitor is bigger than the side two i will have to play with softTH once crews released and see if i can get it to work

MadManCK what was FFB like i know its T500RS but im pretty big on FFB side of things i know some games struggle with this
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The FFB was very good. One of the best i have felt in a long time. Very responsive and no jerking, just very well balanced Force Feedback. No wonder if you know the guy who is working on it. If you haven't read the article about Tixier yet, it is here:

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 042#p17115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And off course my initial review about the Crew was largely about the driving and game play as i think those are important for drivers like myself.

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Up till now I will still be using my old G25 wheel, it has served me well over the past few years and is still in good working order. :D
Like I said in another post my priority at the moment is a new graphics card. :whistle:
Image Image
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'll just stick with my Logitech F710 gamepad, stretched on the couch :D
I beat some G25 racers in rFactor with a ps2 controller. Not sure if says more about them than me though. :2thumbsup:

And yeah, I need an upgrade too. Still thinking about upgrading to an AMD 8350 with new NVIDIA card, or going for a new mobo with Intel CPU.
Currently sticking with a 955BE and MSI 6950 TF3 PE. But it's not gonna run Watch Dogs in full glory, and neither The Crew I guess.
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Not sure if you guys saw this yet, news is from yesterday:

Thrustmaster partners with Route 909!

http://www.route909.com/thrustmaster-pa ... route-909/

They are having contests where you can win a Wheel at the Route 909 Gamer centers too.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DDastardly00 wrote:Not sure if you guys saw this yet, news is from yesterday:

Thrustmaster partners with Route 909!

http://www.route909.com/thrustmaster-pa ... route-909/

They are having contests where you can win a Wheel at the Route 909 Gamer centers too.
You mean the Route 909 project where i made a thread for last week, lol :eeek:
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:

Very nice prizes indeed. Including some brand new Thrustmaster TX wheels and stuff.
That wheel looks sweet, wheelbase is excellent but pedals and plastic rim are less impressive. So you can upgrade with the 458 Cup rim and different pedal set.
I like it that they made it modular.

I will stick to my Fanatec wheel. Still very happy with it. And with some new batch of addon rims to choose from you have literally the option to get a rim suitable for every type of race game.

:character-blues:

Purple44
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I'm using a DFGT wheel. It what my budget can afford.

And It has plenty of buttons to go around. Just wish DFGT had the flippers behind the steering wheel like the MOMO wheel had. DFGT has 2 rocker buttons. They work for nitro and hanbrake buttons, but not so good for shifting gears if want to do manual.
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

still using my DFGT for Race07. its getting old though. the shift up button likes to double shift now and had to remap to a different button. the pedals are twitchy and one of my grandkids broke the shifter.

one question MadManCK, Test Drive 1 had the back end of the cars swaying a little more than I liked. is it better in The Crew ?.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

ill use my g27

Return to “The Crew Game”