The Crew Minimum Specs

\/8

MadManCK wrote:A GTX660 (non Ti) is less powerfull than a GTX680.

http://www.hwcompare.com/13301/geforce- ... e-gtx-680/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's why you can run at Ultra. :geek:
snip
Let's put it in a more useful way. ;)
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/783?vs=772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hate to look at the numbers on paper or benchmark results (3d Mark and such), because only in game tests are giving you an idea which card is better and how small/big the gap is.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, a GTX660 should be able to run most of the time in either high or even ultra settings at 30FPS.
But there will be scenery where the performance drops will affect your gameplay.
Those Anand Tech stats show even bigger differences.

You need some serious hardware to run The Crew smoothly at Ultra settings. But the game does look very nice.
I also noticed a difference in traffic car types when you change settings. It is not just scenery or high-res graphs. There is more to it.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:A GTX660 (non Ti) is less powerfull than a GTX680.

http://www.hwcompare.com/13301/geforce- ... e-gtx-680/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's why you can run at Ultra. :geek:
OOPS I have bad eyesight and I thought I read GTX680
MadManCK wrote:Yes, a GTX660 should be able to run most of the time in either high or even ultra settings at 30FPS.
But there will be scenery where the performance drops will affect your gameplay.
Those Anand Tech stats show even bigger differences.

You need some serious hardware to run The Crew smoothly at Ultra settings. But the game does look very nice.
I also noticed a difference in traffic car types when you change settings. It is not just scenery or high-res graphs. There is more to it.

:character-blues:
I set the game to 120FPS in the settings INI and it ran as smooth as butter all the time.
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

steve30x wrote: I set the game to 120FPS in the settings INI and it ran as smooth as butter all the time.
Lol, i have not tried that. I thought the game engine only supported 60FPS.

In scenery at the beach during the take down mission with the Ruf Raid Spec, i had some FPS drops, that made my car slow down as well. I could only give about 70% throttle because of that. Same in the Canyon. Changing to high fixed that. For the rest the game ran well on Ultra most of the time. But for the cruise around the map i switched to High settings to avoid issues, as i was recording with Shadowplay at the same time in 30FPS.

Next beta i will do some performance tests as well. Including changing those settings.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

\/8

MadManCK wrote:
steve30x wrote: I set the game to 120FPS in the settings INI and it ran as smooth as butter all the time.
Lol, i have not tried that. I thought the game engine only supported 60FPS.
I tried to put more than 60. I don't remember now but probably 120, but it didn't work. Game started at 60 and file self updated the value from 120 to 60.
Pca9
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I run it on a 760 high/ultra some AA, and it runs butter smooth to me :2thumbsup:
Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a ferrari than on a bus
steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

It stayed at120 for me but the cars in the cut scenes were far from smooth. There was a funny effect with the vehicles that I didn't like looking at so I skipped the cut scenes
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
Thaddeus201
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Please update the system requirements.If you look in the Readme-files then you can read this:

================================================
1. Minimum and recommended configuration
================================================

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz or better
AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz or better
RAM: 3GB
Video card: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon 4870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Peripherals: Keyboard required, XBOX 360 controller optional (or compatible controller)

Recommended System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.66 GHz or better
AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0 GHz or better
RAM: 4GB
Video card: nVidia GeForce GTX570 or AMD Radeon 6870(Shader Model 5.0 or higher)
DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Peripherals: Keyboard required, XBOX 360 controller optional (or compatible controller)

Other pre-requisites

The initial installation needs an internet connection for the Uplay activation. This game requires the installation of certain software (included in the game) like the Uplay client, DirectX June 2010, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ 2012.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thaddeus201 wrote:Please update the system requirements.
Done, thanks :woot:

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

looks like my weak point will be my gtx650.

looks like I made a wise decision last summer when I got my AMD 8350 8 core@ 4.0 and 8gb of 2133 memory.

I am still holding out waiting for the gtx770's to come down in price,$350 is too steep for me.

Return to “The Crew Game”