Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm thinking of getting rid of these and getting three 4gig modules. :geek:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:I'm thinking of getting rid of these and getting three 4gig modules. :geek:
Sounds like a good idea Bez :handgestures-thumbup:

For me i have to get a set Kingston Hyper-X 2x 4 gig at about 95 euros to match the 2x 4 gig set i have in now, but i really don't want to spent more money on my pc rig anytime soon - I emptied my pc upgrade budget by upgrading the pc rig this summer.
cyp2x4
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

heh its been a while since i heard about triple channel system must be x58 no? :2thumbsup: i myself thinking adding another 2 of 4 or just add 2 of 8 and be done with it wish i had 2011 socket having quad memory does have its advantages :D me and my friend been thinking buying together and splitting the 64gb quad channel kit its one of them 8 of 8 kits but the price is insane :( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

cyp2x4 wrote:heh its been a while since i heard about triple channel system must be x58 no? :2thumbsup: i myself thinking adding another 2 of 4 or just add 2 of 8 and be done with it wish i had 2011 socket having quad memory does have its advantages :D me and my friend been thinking buying together and splitting the 64gb quad channel kit its one of them 8 of 8 kits but the price is insane :( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Make sure your OS supports more than 16GB ram :geek:
cyp2x4
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

it will take a while untill i can really hit the limit of the OS windows 8.1 x64 that i have has limit of 128gb i am more limited to hardware so max i can get is 32gb 8x4 it would be awsome to have 128gb but then again what would i do with that kind of ram space :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

My W7 64 HP only supports 16Gig of RAM. More than enough for games and simple video editing.
But for more serious multitasking and pro editing, more RAM could be useful.

I have a copy of W8, gathering dust on a shelf btw :lol:

I should use it to test The Crew on another OS. But i won't :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been using Windows 8 since last summer when I upgraded. boots up super fast. I needed it to be a stand alone version so I got the pro version. it says I can have a maximum of 196 gb of memory.

the only problem I have with it is getting the task manager to come up when I am in a game, that is a little annoying.
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

the beta is not very cpu intensive. the hardware monitor I use includes cpu usage. first off it does run on all 8 cores of my 8350, and reached a maximum average usage of 38.6%. that is low.

my 650 video card is my weak link as it runs at 99%.

I need a 770.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

After the update to the latest build yesterday, i was able to run all missions on Ultra. Even the one in the Canyon near Vegas. Without too much noticeable frame drops.

It is just as important to have a stable Internet connection.

PS GTX770 is a nice card, in fact it is an optimized version of the good old GTX680. But maybe it is a smart choice to go for the GTX780. They will drop even more in price soon®, when the new 880 will be released.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Pca9
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I run it on a 760 and a i5 4690 on ultra, not noticed any frame drops
Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a ferrari than on a bus

Return to “The Crew Game”