The Crew on XBox360

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Despite earlier statements from the dev team at Ivory Tower, UbiSoft has decided to make a version for the Xbox360 as well.
This must be a dumbed down version.

As soon® as we hear more about this, we let you know.
"It's Ubisoft's objective to continue to meet the needs of consumers who have not yet made the move to the new console generation," Ubisoft marketing executive Tony Key said. "The Crew was originally built for the new generation of consoles, but we have always had a desire to make it accessible to as many people as possible. We're excited to bring The Crew's same core features, massive scope, mission variety, and overall driving experience to Xbox 360 players."

The Xbox 360 version of The Crew is in development at Asobo Studio (Fuel, Toy Story 3), with support from Ubisoft's offices at Ivory Tower, Ubisoft Reflections, and Ubisoft Shanghai
Source: Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ambiti ... 0-6421687/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:spy:

PS The developer, Asobo Studios, have also made FUEL. So they have some experience with open world games.
http://www.asobostudio.com/games-list.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Great news for Xbox 360 players but I hope it doesn't affect the quality of any future content on PC and next gen consoles.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have asked for confirmation as i don't know if the XBox360 version rumors are true.

They do contradict what was stated before. So maybe some Gamespot joker tried to pull off a prank, or the internal communication at UbiSoft gets an Atari overhaul. :shock:

Wolfbane (Ubi Mod) is also investigating. They didn't know anything about an X360 version.

:party:

PS Found another statement from a different PR guy at UbiSoft. So it might be true.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/the_c ... x_360.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's news from Gamescom afaik. And I think this studio just does porting work, same for FUEL.
And yeah, it contradicts with the statement it wouldn't be possible on that gen of consoles...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

And here the reason why there will be only a X360 version and no PS3.

I'm still wondering what will be dumbed down. It has to be handling, lighting effects, moving objects and lots of other eye candy that makes the gameworld of The Crew interesting.
It will never match the quality we have seen for next gen consoles.

I can already hear the 10 million whiners on the Xbox360, who demand the same quality as seen in the trailers.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/the_c ... wii_u.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think, porting it down is a stupid marketing mistake. Pure short term thinking and typical top down decision making.
As i know for a fact that Fergus told us that the development went to the new console direction in an early stage. They did consider the Xbox360 before. But the next gen consoles offer a large variety of cool new features and are way more powerful, so they went next gen.
IMO the good solution. :party:

We will see.
:spy:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ubisoft has revealed more details about the Xbox 360 version of The Crew, confirming to VideoGamer.com that the last-gen version is "the same game" as its Xbox One, PS4 and PC counterparts, complete "with the same scope, core features, storyline, missions, activities, and overall driving experience as the new gen platforms".

"Our approach for the Xbox 360 version was to deliver the same game, with the same scope, core features, storyline, missions, activities, and overall driving experience as the new gen platforms," a Ubisoft representative told us.

"It was quite a technological feat to recreate this massive open-world filled with content, gigantic in scope, on Xbox 360. The entire USA is your driving playground with the same variety and density of missions to be found in the new gen versions, covering thousands of square miles, from city to suburb, state to state, and coast to summit.”

Xbox 360 players won't experience any loading screens "when cruising around the world map in your car," either, "just like the Xbox One & PlayStation 4 versions.

"The only loading screens you will encounter are at the boot-up of the game or when you enter your HQ, car tuner, etc... again identical to the versions on the other platforms.”

However, as with the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions, it will also require the same permanent internet connection to function.

"The Crew is genuinely built as a living-breathing world, filled with challenges, opportunities and new players to meet," Ubisoft continued. "An online connection is mandatory because it’s a key element to the core experience of the game."

Ubisoft announced an Xbox 360 version of The Crew earlier today for release alongside the Xbox One, PS4 and PC versions on November 11.
Source: videogamer.com

Sonneillon
Rookie
Rookie

I hope it's fake, 'cause if the PS3 can't have it then the XBox360 can't too, and yes this comment is purely because of my selfishness.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Szayelarel wrote:I hope it's fake, 'cause if the PS3 can't have it then the XBox360 can't too, and yes this comment is purely because of my selfishness.
I actually agree with what you said, unfair for PS3 users. :lol:

If it came for the PS3 I could procrastinate a little more on gettin' a next-gen console (my problem with it is that both XBox Live and PSN don't support Uruguay, so I can't get a gold membership to access online gaming in these consoles, which is why I'm still on PS3. The only thing I can do is start usin' my Argntinian PSN and buy Argentinian PSN cards every year to keep renewin' PSN plus, which is why I'm inclined to stay in this generation for a looooooong time).
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bush
Rookie
Rookie

Bush also hates this BS of pay to play online, even Nintendo has free servers.

-Bush
ALL YOUR BUSH ARE BELONG TO ME![/b] Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well I guess The Crew isn't as next gen as we thought otherwise it wouldn't be able to run on an Xbox 360.
And as according to the post its also coming out for the 360 on the same release 11th November they must of been working on it for a wile.

It's now on the official site http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-G ... 8-76770-32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”