The Crew on XBox360

Thaddeus201
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Why no Playstation 3?The old gen consoles are normally not powerful enough to handle this.My PS3 is stutter at NFS Rivals if there to many cops in my environment.So and that should work then with The Crew´s map 300 times bigger? :angry-banghead:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The PS3 has a completely different architecture, thats why.

I'm not really fond of this downport at all. But for X360 owners it is awesome news.
We still have to see what that version will look like. There won't be full parity between the versions for XB1 and X360 for sure.

I'm also wondering if Ivory Tower has been forced to cooperate on a X360 version, as they clearly stated before that they chose the new consoles for a reason.

From a marketing perspective maybe a logical decision, as there are way more X360 sold than XB1 and PS4.

It looks like an executive decision from UbiSoft.

Maybe we can see a new trend here, where games are being developed for the new consoles and simultaneously downported to run on the old ones, as long as there are still more players on the old consoles as on the new ones. :twocents-02cents:

It happened with Forza Horizon 2 and now with The Crew.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well I have also mixed feelings ok I'm happy for the xbox360 users however I'm a bit scared it will have a toll on the pc version and PS4, xbox one versions.
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

SpeedFreak.be wrote:Well I have also mixed feelings ok I'm happy for the xbox360 users however I'm a bit scared it will have a toll on the pc version and PS4, xbox one versions.
Nope. There will be parity between the versions for the XB1, PS4 and PC, but it will also be optimized for each platform.

The X360 version will be a downport to the old console and some concessions will have to be made. That version will not affect the other ones. There won't be parity between the old console and new consoles versions.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
SpeedFreak.be wrote:Well I have also mixed feelings ok I'm happy for the xbox360 users however I'm a bit scared it will have a toll on the pc version and PS4, xbox one versions.
Nope. There will be parity between the versions for the XB1, PS4 and PC, but it will also be optimized for each platform.

The X360 version will be a downport to the old console and some concessions will have to be made. That version will not affect the other ones. There won't be parity between the old console and new consoles versions.

I hope so however ... it would not be the first time they screw up ....
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Hard to ignore a nearly 100 million user base on the 360 versus a 5 million user base on the Xbox One.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DDastardly00 wrote:Hard to ignore a nearly 100 million user base on the 360 versus a 5 million user base on the Xbox One.
And also the prime game machine in the US, the main target market for The Crew.

Yes, from a marketing point of view it all makes sense. But how will the X360 users react when they see it is not like the trailers and videos they have seen so far... It can blow back if the port is not done right, also affecting the other versions. It is a risky move.

DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote:
DDastardly00 wrote:Hard to ignore a nearly 100 million user base on the 360 versus a 5 million user base on the Xbox One.
And also the prime game machine in the US, the main target market for The Crew.

Yes, from a marketing point of view it all makes sense. But how will the X360 users react when they see it is not like the trailers and videos they have seen so far... It can blow back if the port is not done right, also affecting the other versions. It is a risky move.

Agreed, it is definitely a risk versus reward business decision, I am sure Ubisoft is hoping for the latter.

For me personally, this news does not affect my decision to buy the Crew for either the Xbox One or the PS4, I would rather play the full game than a dumbed-down version. But for those who have no plans to upgrade their current console any time soon, this and Horizon 2 for 360 are very good news.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have confirmation from Ivory Tower, that the X360 version will not affect the versions for XB1, PS4 and PC.
It is a separate development.

:spy:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like the 360 version will have big differences from next gen and PC. :eeek: Image 'The Crew' on Xbox One vs. Xbox 360 has 'huge differences' says Ubisoft
Cross-generational games have been well documented by this point, and it's clear that there are always certain sacrifices that need to be made for the game to run acceptably on the weaker consoles. We spoke with Ubisoft regarding their upcoming MMO-esque racing title, The Crew which is launching on November 11 and the developers say it will suffer a similar fate.

"There will be huge differences," comments Julian Gerighty, Creative Director on The Crew. "The team in Bordeaux, Asobo who has done the 360 version, have done an amazing job because it’s a different game to put on [past]-gen."

"Obviously sacrifices have had to be made. The online mode, instead of being eight player PvP, it’s only four. Graphically, it’s not quite the same game, but it’s an incredible version for [past]-gen."

Why make these sacrifices or even bother shipping an Xbox 360 version of the game? Julian says it was Ubisoft's decision, not there's.

"I think it’s [on 360] because of a business reason. We at Ivory Tower, who are working with our partners at Reflections could not take care of the 360 version. There was a business reason for it, so Ubisoft asked Asobo to do it.

"For the new-gen version of the game, I don’t think we could’ve partnered with a better studio than Reflections."

As for why it's not on the PlayStation 3, Ubisoft has stated that the Xbox 360's large install base was a heavy factor, but thanks to its infrastructure it was also feasibly easier than porting the title to Sony's console.

The only question remains involves the ratio of purchasers over generations, hopefully the investment ends up paying off for Ubisoft. We've gone hands on with The Crew and can confidently say we liked what we played
Sauce :Examiner.com
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”