The Crew DLC

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:@ Whoamus

That's why i jumped on the Gold edition when it was "cheap" - because i knew that DLC would be key, and i wouldn't want to buy the DLC's separately as that would be more expensive, than opting for the season pass in the beginning ;)

But i'm sure you'll regret not have the season when we season pass holders get early access to the 458 Specialle :dance:

But i anyway, i want all the cars i can get my hands on as cheaply as possible, because i hate having to pay more for DLC than i would have to... But the choice is yours ;)
You and most everyone here are more car people than I am. I like a car, nice piece of engineering and art. But I am in it for the world experience. Why I like ETS2, slow trucks but the drive is great. Why I liked TDU2 but after the single player game, not much to do if you weren't a racer.

There is a nice assortment of cars in the base game. Yes, I miss out on the two exclusives.

Not interested in stickers, I used stickers just once in TDU2 on the Beetle. New paint jobs and interiors, I am okay with stock colors.

That sort of leaves 4 car packs and tuning specs on the table. Not a racer but I try, so tuning specs are unknown, will I get any real benefit outside of what I need or can use? Of the 4 car packs, 3 seem of interest without any info. Not really into off road so the Raid pack is an if. That really leaves 3 car packs that I might have interest in but really will not know until whenever.

I don't mind paying if there is a relative value to me. If 3 car packs sell for say $10 separately, then the additional money for the season pass would pay.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Done a bit of digging and all I can find is this:
The Season Pass for The Crew grants players access to several DLCs which will be released after the racing game comes out. The exact contents have not yet been stated.
You might possibly get new vehicles, new race tracks or new challenges.
Ubisoft says it will release more information on the Season Pass later. :roll:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

@ Whoamus
There is nothing wrong with just cruising, that was what i like the most in TDU2, before i got introduced to the club scene in TDU2, which is where i found some good frinds in the club i was in (Luny's Fair Friends (the first one)), friends as in MadmanCK and Lunythrikz, two talented racers which i learned alot from, but i still like cruising when ever i can ;)
_

Lol i hope that they figure that out soon, but i guess i can understand if they are abit busy at the moment :mrgreen:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Done a bit of digging and all I can find is this:
The Season Pass for The Crew grants players access to several DLCs which will be released after the racing game comes out. The exact contents have not yet been stated.
You might possibly get new vehicles, new race tracks or new challenges.
Ubisoft says it will release more information on the Season Pass later. :roll:
Yeah, saw that. People are asking on the Ubi support forum too. Oh well. Still time to see what happens.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They only revealed some of the first DLC. But i think a season pass will be well worth it. For one reason it covers a whole year of new content.

And there will be season pass exclusives as well.
I also like to support a development team and publisher, who take the time and effort to do a project like this.

And with the pre order discount on the season pass it was a no brainer for me to grab the Gold edition. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:They only revealed some of the first DLC. But i think a season pass will be well worth it. For one reason it covers a whole year of new content.

And there will be season pass exclusives as well.
I also like to support a development team and publisher, who take the time and effort to do a project like this.

And with the pre order discount on the season pass it was a no brainer for me to grab the Gold edition. :party:
When you say a discount, do you mean less than the $25 (US) I see it for? Currently the game is priced at $59.99 and if I go gold with the season pass it is $84.99. Have you seen the season pass priced separately?

Not trying to be negative here but I value what money I have and how I spend it. I am not a person of faith of any kind, I need cold hard facts. The game looks great from what I have seen and I am willing to pay full price to play when released, something I rarely do. It's the vague value of the season pass contents that has me wondering. If the contents are similar to the console versions we have seen, then I am in. Just the facts, as Joe Friday would say.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hey Whoamus, the season passes go for $25 dollars for the consoles, and nothing about a season pass for PC, so if you want the season pass on PC you have to buy the Gold edition or pay individually ;)

$25 PS4 **** = http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/the-cre ... ass/117376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$25 XB1 **** = http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/th ... ass/117377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$25 XB360 * = http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dlc/th ... ass/117375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The prices are the same for PC gold or console (game + season pass) both $85 dollars ;)
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:Hey Whoamus, the season passes go for $25 dollars for the consoles, and nothing about a season pass for PC, so if you want the season pass on PC you have to buy the Gold edition or pay individually ;)

$25 PS4 **** = http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/the-cre ... ass/117376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$25 XB1 **** = http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/th ... ass/117377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$25 XB360 * = http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dlc/th ... ass/117375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The prices are the same for PC gold or console (game + season pass) both $85 dollars ;)
Yeah, I have seen that. Funny, one of your links was highlighted, I had been there already.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

On Steam the EU offer is 49€ for the LE and 62€ for the Gold edition. As the Gold version is the Limited edition plus the season pass, that makes a 50% discount on the pass.

I grabbed a Uplay version BTW, as i don't want 2 overlays on my game. And if i do want Steam functionality, i can always add it as a non steam game. I already saw a few do this with the beta.
But Uplay has screenshot functionality and chat function as well.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah, I will probably go direct through U-Play too. Just finished another game on U-Play and no problems. Played beta that way too.

As for now, I am in a wait and see mode. If nothing is announced anywhere by the end of the month, I will post question on Ubi support forum.

Return to “The Crew Game”