The Crew DLC

Joocyfroot
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:With Micro Transactions you can buy all the cars at your level in The Crew. But only at your level. It does not give you any advantages, except a larger car collection. You can also get the same cars by grinding money in the game, doing races and missions. Takes a bit longer and is probably more fun.

So no pay-to-win, but only a way to collect more cars faster.

:spy:
So the question is though, how long is a bit longer? Is the natural in game currency gain and/or cost of items and cars going to be purposely nerfed to try to make paying with CC more attractive?

I personally can see MTs being implemented terribly, a la world of tanks. I hope that's not the case though.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It did take me way too long to grab the GTR in the first beta. Off course, money will be better with higher tier events, but still...

MT is just for the impatient or desparate collectors. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:It did take me way too long to grab the GTR in the first beta. Off course, money will be better with higher tier events, but still...

MT is just for the impatient or desparate collectors. :mrgreen:

Like me i want everything on day one so i can drive what i want when i want but i don't agree with any pay to win features :2thumbsup:
Last edited by Fulysic on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mclaren6
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote:With Micro Transactions you can buy all the cars at your level in The Crew. But only at your level. It does not give you any advantages, except a larger car collection. You can also get the same cars by grinding money in the game, doing races and missions. Takes a bit longer and is probably more fun.

Not true. You can buy perk points for 2000 crew credits each, on a unlimited scale. :(

In the Beta, perk points could not be purchased with Bucks.
PSN: mclaren6 *Insert picture and/or witty comment here* Why do signatures exist again?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

mclaren6 wrote:

Not true. You can buy perk points for 2000 crew credits each, on a unlimited scale. :(

Unfortunately for you, it is true. This is how it was communicated to me by the dev team a while back.

I have seen the Crew Credits as well. I sincerly hope you can not buy perk points with MT. As that would indeed give an unfair advantage over others, as you can convert them in better grip levels for example.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

danc3incloud
New Starter
New Starter

But you can respec your build with Bucks. Race with race-spec perks, buy cars and parts with mechanic-spec perks. :?:
Viktor Karpenko
Mechanic
Mechanic

mclaren6 wrote:You can buy perk points for 2000 crew credits each, on a unlimited scale. :(
How do these perk points work? I can just keep upgrading them forever and ever with no limits? If so, wouldn't it come to a points where buying a new upgrade would be almost meaningless?
RUF is better than Porsche!

danc3incloud
New Starter
New Starter

How do these perk points work
Every time a level is gained, a perk point is granted. There are ~50 abilities(+% to max speed,handing or discount at cars) with 5 or 10 levels. One perk point = one abilitie level.
mclaren6
Rookie
Rookie

Top speed, accelaration, Nitrous recharge, grip and braking can all be upgraded with perk points.

Crap. :cry:

This would be fine if you could get them with bucks, unfortunately the only way is by leveling up or crew credits

We can only level up 50 times. There was more perk slots than 50 in the beta alone... :?
PSN: mclaren6 *Insert picture and/or witty comment here* Why do signatures exist again?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

On the other hand, i tried the improved grip with perk points on my Hot Rod and did not like the driving afterwards. Immediately reverted to my original setup and used that for the rest of the 2nd PC Beta.

You can get your perk points back and use them for other things like a discount on parts and cars or smugglers routes.

I will investigate some more about the carefully avoided subject of the Micro Transactions. :party:

Return to “The Crew Game”