The crew will be delayed

asmolnyi
New Starter
New Starter

Guys, you are so naive..
Do you think that 3 weeks is enough time to add text chat? Or do you think Devs can do some extra fixes in 3 weeks?
Do you really read the statement in the OP? Read between the lines and you will see that the reason are consoles and moaning of kids who pre-ordered the game but didn't get their beta keys for console's beta.
Don't give wrong hopes to yourself. You will be disappointed.

From what I know PC version is far away from consoles in development(about 2 month), but they still have console version in preference and want to make very qualitative product for consoles first. And the 2nd beta is for this.

Conslole version will launch in much better condition than PC, that's for sure. Then PC players will have to wait for a patch to match console version.
PC player; G25 user; cockpit driver
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The real reason is exactly how they stated it and not due to a couple of whining kids. Those are just assumptions.

It is usefull to have another Beta due to some issues that occurred, like the PS4 freezes and some gameplay issues.
It is also good to see a developer and publisher to take their product seriously and try to release the game as good as they can.
And they will use the time to do some final tweaks and improvements to the game. And there will be parity between the versions.
Nobody is naive here.

I have confidence in this team. And for a good reason.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
asmolnyi
New Starter
New Starter

Will see..will see.

P.S.
But there's something you forgot. Where is 3rd PC beta then? As we know the most of fixes were made based on PC betas' feedback. Shouldn't PC players test those fixes? Yes they should. But again, all the attention is on consoles. ONLY.
You just reject to open your eyes. Sry for the truth.
The real reason is exactly how they stated it
Is that not what I said?
The extra time will allow for a second closed console beta to be held, giving even more players the opportunity to experience the game, which is something the community has been requesting.
And what is sad is that PC version in mentioned nowhere.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Only "truth" i see here is a distrusting person. There have been 2 PC Betas already. It is good there is another Console Beta.

PS I wouldn't mind another PC Beta BTW.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
asmolnyi
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:Only "truth" i see here is a distrusting person. There have been 2 PC Betas already. It is good there is another Console Beta.

PS I wouldn't mind another PC Beta BTW.
So what? I thought existence of betas depends on a need, not on amount. And what is good in 2nd console beta where almost all fixes were made from feedback of PC's betas and PC players can't even test them? Don't you think this is an absurd? Yes, not you mentioned 3rd beta, it was me, but you didn't even understand what I was trying to say.

They did the 1st console beta in a month before initial release and saw that they need a month more to tweak the stuff. Where are the guarantee that they won't need it again after 2nd console beta?

They've fixed 4k bugs before console beta, then in next month they will fix more. I think they should give PC players to test those fixes too. Or those fixes only for consoles? Nope.

What if all those fixes will be bugged on PC? Etc.
So in this case 3rd PC beta is a MUST.

You still think that "It is good there is another Console Beta" without 3rd PC?
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm still concerned that if it's out on 2 December it will take month's of patching things on all platforms. and yes they did a lot however there are enough bugs left and don't forget we did play a small portion of the game so a lot of bugs story related or mission related haven't been found yet
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

As a Ubisoft share holder and for a very long time since the days of Gamigos Level R ,I would rather they take there time and release a better game, I know this from EA my share's with EA took a massive hit after they flopped on BF4 release despite share holder pressure to release the game.

I hold shares with alot of different Gaming company's and have done so for many years now, good game release's such as GTA can make a good return for an investor, I believe under Ubisoft's current situation they have alot of games to be released all around the same quarter, which is a risk on its own if they release a flop investors such as myself will take a hit.

Its not about kids complaining, it is all about releasing a game that is a good playing experience which in turn will generate good quarterly revenue, which makes people like me happy

I know what is in my first post and don't get me wrong Ubisoft is putting gamers first, but by doing so they know share holders will be happy with company revenue output on a successful game release.

Remember beta's do help gaming company's identify issue's within the game, but it also gives a look into financial side as well.

Bring on The Crew :auto-layrubber:

:flags-australia: :auto-layrubber:
:auto-checkeredflag: FULYSIC :auto-checkeredflag:
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Of course there will be bugs for PC on release and for consoles too. A console is one standard piece of hardware, a simple basic piece of hardware compared to a PC. PC;s are a vast assortment of components that are mixed. Plus PC's have an assortment of programs running in the background that could interfere with any other program. The Beta's are here to make sure the game runs reasonably well across all platforms without major issues, not for fine tuning of all the little quarks which will appear. Personally I had very few issues playing the PC beta and some of the same issues I had, have been reported in the console beta. This is what the beta's are supposed to address. If minor reported issues can be fixed before the release, all the better.
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't forget they have Q&A and playtesting internally too.
Beta is more for online infrastructure testing and all kinds of hardware and circumstances.
There are enough games that don't even have betas. ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well at least Ubisoft seems to be getting ready for the big server load. :o
server tests.JPG
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”