The Crew allegedly removed from Steam in ALL regions

Joocyfroot
New Starter
New Starter

Edit: The Crew has returned to Steam. It seems it was just a mistake that it was removed.

Curious as to what this means for those of us who pre-ordered before it was removed.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisof ... 0-6423402/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Joocyfroot on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Had a feeling this was coming I've been saying for a wile now that The Crew was not available on Steam and nobody at ubisoft would say why.
If this is not resolved then everyone who pre-ordered on Steam would have to be refunded or given a key for ubisoft download.
Image Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Only three words can describe how I am feeling now.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It has been completely removed from Steam, it seems. Similar situation like with EA when they withdrew all games from Steam in favor of Origin. Must be a royalties dispute.

I do hope UbiSoft will keep on making their games available on Steam.
Maybe they just want to boost Uplay, but it is a lame move.

I bought it on Uplay anyway, as i don't like multiple overlays. That will only cause stability issues.

Question remains what will happen to all who pre-ordered on Steam.

Maybe Steam asks too much, just like the Apple greedz.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Joocyfroot
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote: Maybe Steam asks too much, just like the Apple greedz.
If you believe what the Minecraft dude said it starts at 30% and goes up from there.

Pretty significant when you consider with Uplay they pocket all the money.

But then again, I think there' more going on here. The sheer volume of Steam users isn't worth passing up for 30% IMO, not to mention that Steam is effectively an advertising platform and community center as well.

Either way, I just want to know what happens with my pre-order and hope that if it's refunded it's done soon so I can take advantage of the sale @ g2a.com.
Fusgui
New Starter
New Starter

The game is still in my library (my steam friends' too), maybe we get to keep the pre-order. People just can't buy it anymore :?:
My main platform: PCTDU2: FusguiSteam ID: FusguiPSN: Fusgui-BRPretty much everywhere: FusguiImage
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe large Publishers get better deals with high volumes, but it still is a big chunk out of their profits. UbiSoft can use this negotiation to force Steam to accept better terms. Even if Steam is the best PC games platform around, they also have to be reasonable with their fees. Steam can not afford to lose another Big Gun after EA started Origin. They need companies like UbiSoft.
The rumored fees are legalized robbery, just like Apple does.

I think 10% for a large volume Publisher is reasonable and 20% for a starter or Indie. :twocents-02cents:
Depending on additional services, like game servers etc. off course.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Steam keys are still available through Humble bundle i think saw it still on GMG as well so as to how long for i don't know

I pre ordered Gold edition on Steam better stay that way

Also maybe Steam ran out of key allocations like they have done with some games in the past if there is a will there is a way to get keys well thats what im telling myself anyway
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Not only the crew is pulled ALL upcoming ubisoft games ... yes including Far Cry 4
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well it looks like it is all sorted now, everything is back on Steam (at least according to this) http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”