Car Handling In The Crew

No votes

Total votes: 0
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Some info about The Crew's handling model system for pads and wheels 8-)

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-G ... 8-76770-32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_

Hmm wonder how big the difference between Sport and HC mode will be for the gamepads - regarding tracktion and the feel of countersteering help :think:

This is pretty cool but i would like the option to turn ABS off in HC mode
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:Some info about The Crew's handling model system for pads and wheels 8-)

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-G ... 8-76770-32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_

Hmm wonder how big the difference between Sport and HC mode will be for the gamepads - regarding tracktion and the feel of countersteering help :think:

Does anyone know if this will have an affect in PvP mode
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

One of the reasons they brought the different driving modes a bit closer together was to be able to compete in every driving mode in races. I will drive HC mode anyway. Even when FA will provide some advantages.

I don't know why ABS is still ON in HC mode (for wheels). Maybe that was a typo, as it seems to be the same as Sport Mode and i'm convinced SP will be more easy than HC.

We can only know when we have driven ourselves :auto-swerve:

Hands on the wheel!

11/21/2014 12:00

Greetings drivers,

10 days are separating you from the launch and having access to the entire game, and today we’d like to take some time to shed more light on an essential topic, the handling.

The Crew being a racing game, it’s natural to compare it to other games of the same genre, but The Crew is also an RPG and until today, most of you have seen only the 10 first levels so let’s see a little more.

The Crew’s driving modes:

As many of you already know it, the game offers from the start three types of driving: All Driving help, Sport and Hardcore.

So if you have been trying to drift in a “Full Help” mode, you will be having difficulties to do so as this mode is made to help you keep the most stable driving.

Naturally, we understand that some players were used to a certain type of handling in other racing game.

Because of that, everyone will be able to adjust several options in the “Controls” menu to find the exact feeling they used to have on other games.

You’ll find the “Controls” menu in the main “Options” menu and here is what you can tune:

The gearbox (Automatic / Manual).
Vibration.
Steering sensitivity.
Steering linearity.
Steering speed factor.
Steering dead zone.
Throttle linearity.
Brake linearity.
Cockpit camera animation.

The evolution of the cars and the handling:

As explained before, The Crew is an RPG, which means that you will be able to upgrade your car by getting more experience and superior parts.

As you know, there are 11 parts that impacts your performances.

Among those parts, there are four main ones that have a direct impact on your handling, and here they are:

The weight reduction.
The tires.
The suspensions.
The differential.

During all of our betas, all the testers were capped at the Player Level 10, and a Car Level that could hardly reach more than 200.

Once the game is out, all players will be able to reach the Player level 50 and a Car level max of 1299, and here is how it will impact your parts and thus the handling.

Keep in mind that the car level isn’t linked to these 4 parts only, but those are the one that have the main impact on the handling.

Now that you have this in mind, let’s tackle the other aspects of the game that will impact your car behaviour, and allow you to personalize the global performance of your vehicle.

The Perks

The perks act like “Talents” and allow you to personalize your global experience. Each time a player levels up he earns a Perk point which can be used to unlock Perks.

Among those are some that will impact your car performances and here are some examples.

“Like a Glove” Increase your car’s handling

Each NPC has a range of Perks available to purchase and some of them will help you get a performance boost. On the 2nd of December, you will be able to find out about the others!

The Bonus Parts
First, let’s get a reminder regarding the “Car Parts”.

Each time a player succeeds in a “Skill challenge” or a “Mission” he will be rewarded with a Car Part (one of the 11 mentioned at the beginning of the news) with a rarity that will vary from “Bronze”, “Silver” to “Gold” and “Platinum” (at level 50 only for Platinum).

On top of these parts, we wanted to add some bonus that will allow every player to get a specialization.

These bonuses will accompany the parts: “Silver”, "Gold" and “Platinum” and here are they:

Acceleration
Top Speed
Grip
Braking

What does it mean in the end? This means that several players can have the exact 11 same Silver,Gold or Platinum parts but with different bonuses. One picking a full “Acceleration” bonus for all his parts, another choosing only the “Braking” bonus, or maybe going for a mix of the different bonuses.

In the end, each player will be able to customize and personalize his car in every single aspect!

We hope you now have all the knowledge to get the best out of your cars!

See you very soon on the roads.

#NeverDriveAlone
The Crew Team
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Joocyfroot
New Starter
New Starter

If they did a stellar job with ABS, it could be a good thing it's always left on. Since taking it off could potentially be handicapping yourself in PVP.

However, I still find a custom settings where you can toggle each setting on/off would be better. If someone just wants to turn ABS off while he/she cruises for whatever reason, I think they should be able to.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I want to take that a step further, with adjustable TC or ABS with a slider. So you can adapt to each car or tuning level easier.

But real HC mode should have no assists. But lets try it first. No PC beta is a mistake IMO. Would have been nice to try some things before launch. But the game has already gone gold and the latest tweaks are server related.
Keep in mind that all updates go through the Ivory Servers. This makes patching the game a lot more easy and fast.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:I want to take that a step further, with adjustable TC or ABS with a slider. So you can adapt to each car or tuning level easier.

But real HC mode should have no assists. But lets try it first. No PC beta is a mistake IMO. Would have been nice to try some things before launch. But the game has already gone gold and the latest tweaks are server related.
Keep in mind that all updates go through the Ivory Servers. This makes patching the game a lot more easy and fast.

:character-blues:
I wouldn't worry about this to much the Dev's have already said that after launch they will still be looking at improvements to the game as it develops so I'm sure if things aren't right and enough of the community complain they will take action. :party:
Image Image
Jeragger
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I haven't been terribly impressed with the community at the Ubi forums. Most of the users over there appear to be too emotional and speaking from ignorance. It would be interesting to see what percentage of them actually possess a driver's license or have experience driving and know their cars. I did spot a few good posts with great content/questions/discussions but other than that it's whine factor 10.

Forums over here are a pleasant change from that.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have seen some posts from players stating that they want a more NFS like handling as that would be more realistic. Nuff said. :shock:
Official forums are usually a gathering of everybody who will probably play the game. The Crew targets TDU, FH but also NFS players.

We will see how the handling will be at release. From what i have heard and tried it should be pretty good. Especially for an open world game. If it gives the impression of actually driving a real car, it is good enough for me. I can not expect real sim behavior. Besides, i like to jump cars and drive through objects. With full sim that would destroy the car already.
I think they are on the right track of finding a balance that is challenging for experienced drivers in Hardcore Mode and at the same time gives newbies and NFS "veterans" a good experience with Full Assist. Sport mode is probably best for controller users or wheel users in races.

8-)

Return to “The Crew Game”