So what do you think of the full game

No votes

Total votes: 0
Purple44
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Whoamus wrote:No barrel rolls :( Used to like to do stunts in Trackmania. Tried doing today but at about 170 deg of rotation, crash animation starts. Then I read you can't do them. Should not crash unless I hit something. :handgestures-thumbdown:

I also wish I could finish a barrel roll and land it without car being wrecked.

I do a lot of off-roading unlocking the map and launch off of rocks sometimes.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

release the dam app for The Crew im getting sick of waiting for it so im assuming we won't get that until end of March im assuming this will be there so called new feature, the useless dev team on this game with there ninja fixes and nurfing HC mode is driving me insane be honest in your patch notes.

Start releasing hot fixes to fix the broken patches you release, lack of patch testing is killing this game online player count has dropped badly and its turning into a joke.

Tried to stand up for Ubisoft and ivory tower but they continue to shoot themselves in the foot i expected alot more from this patch but nothing changed except count down timer on faction missions.

The way it's looking there won't be a Crew 2 if they don't correct there ways now before it's to late
The Gunney
New Starter
New Starter

This is one of 2 games I have for my XBONE and the gripes I have are about on par with what everyone else's are but I have not run into any cheaters yet. Rammers I get about 2 per day. My biggest gripe is with raid spec cars the physics are just off. When I get air I feel like Fat Bastard in Goldmember during the bathhouse fight when one of his strings broke and for such heavy cars why do they feel so light? This confounds me.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

At the moment i only play about 2 or 3 games. The Crew is still one of them, but most certainly does not have the sex appeal TDU1 and 2 had.

I just logged in to grab some new rides. The Spyker is awesome. So that was fun. Than i checked for some daily challenges and also the leaderboards. The n00b cheater TiggerArmenia (aka HOC/Mocrapto) is still on there. So i logged out and will continue to play Skyrim and GridAS. Still have to finish my career in GridAS and it has working rear view mirrors, working shifting lights and Dash through Fanaleds, so i can disable all dials from the screen and make it look like a real windscreen. Drives so much better.

So the urge to play The Crew is fainting. Even with all the bug fixes and nice new cars. I will try to organize some multiplayer events, but that has to be the weekend 21/22 as i don't have a lot of time now.

If the dev team takes the community serious, they remove the cheaters every day. Especially the obvious ones. Leaving them on there is an insult TBH.

The driving was good today, but the response was a bit unconnected, like before. So they did not fix the nerfed controller setup. Very stupid as the direct and responsive drive was the mayor plus in my review of The Crew and i think i have to revise that review soon®, when they don't fix the controls to a more pleasant setup.

Unresponsive and indirect controls are really bad for a driving game, as you feel unconnected to the cars and it makes driving to the limit a hassle that should not be needed.
Even with a wheel it is less involved now. Clearly the wrong direction. If they completely want to kill this game they are on a dangerous path with the controller setup now. I seriously do not understand why they nerf the controls with every new patch and do not return to a more pleasant responsive and direct controller setup.
If players can not handle that, you can always add some sensitivity reduction. Now you don't even have the choice to create a good setup. Unprofessional. As the controller setup is the base of a good driving game. If that does not work right, like now, the rest of the game does not matter. Wake up. :twocents-02cents:

The big plus is the awesome map and some of the new driving experiences are a great add-on.

We do expect rear view mirrors to be added to the PC version of the game. Cockpits look stupid without them. Same for working digital Huds. DriverSF had them long time ago. Why leave them out of the Crew?
Mirrors in hood or bumper cam as well. So much better in races as the vague mini arrows don't do it for me. You basically don't have a clue where the others are, until it is too late.

I also want to be able to boost the engine sounds in the sound setup. I can not drive on revs like i do in a lot of games. In addition to that, the engine bugs are still not fixed. Maybe it is impossible to do so and that would be really bad. I don't drive the GT-R in Street anymore, except in PvP as i like it there, but i switch to auto-gears than as i can't hear when i have to shift. And the engine revving sounds just stupid. Like a slipping clutch.

I will test the RAID spec improvements later. The bad landings and fifth gear on the RUF 3400K are finally fixed. Looking forward to that.

Biggest issue of The Crew is that you feel unconnected to other players. I mentioned this in a couple of other threads, but it is one of the reasons, why this game is less appealing than TDU2, where you could easily meet and hook-up with new players and join a cruise. The text chat should always start in "world" mode so you can at least make contact more easy. I barely see anyone using it now, except some bullying in a PvP lobby from frustrated n00bs who just got spanked.

Crew related mini games like follow the leader or instant races and challenges should be implemented soon®
The change from Faction races to Crew vs Crew is a good start. As long as it is not limited to 4 vs 4 like before.
But you should not have to enter a lobby for that. Or other things to do in a Crew.

The wall riding fixes and driving through objects speed adjustments are fine. A bit late though.

A lot of things take way too long to be implemented and the last months patch did not fix a lot that was promised. And no hotfix to change that.
New round this month. A lot of players did not have the patience to wait though and the Crew will start to become an empty place. A shame really.

Biggest problem i have with the current state of the game is the unresponsive indirect handling, that is killing the driving experience. The same driving experience i once thought was so good during my first playtest in Lyon. Even if the underlying physics are still very good. The extra layer of control buffering that was placed on top of the base control setup is killing the driving experience and has literally driven away a lot of my friends from the game. When it is not fun to drive, it is not fun to play.

And this only means on thing: The Crew @ Always Drive Alone.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Was abit surprised when i started driving around in The Crew, the handling has had a major update, all for the better. Now you can feel and place the car on the road, and you feel the grip much more, which was my main annoyance in the game. 8-)

So i might start to play it alittle more again - when i have time for it :P

__Edit:__

Did some more driving and cars i drove felt really good, i knew what was going on because i got a lot of featback, which is really great :)

But the suspension is also much more playful over bumps and stuff, it's a lot more lively now and really engaging to drive, you have to be awake it catch it sometimes, they much have turned of traction control for [Sportmode] :2thumbsup:

After i dialed in more controller setup the feel was great, non of that numbness there was before, the update is a real improvement, and i like it alot :rightthumbup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Great. :D

It is good to hear they changed it for the better as some didn't play much anymore because of the indirect response and unconnected driving feel.

I will jump start my game this afternoon for some cruising. And maybe we can do another TDUDT gathering this weekend for some more 4 man Crew achievements 8-)

:woot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cruising could be fun, i'd like that :)

No Top Gear, so i guess we know where we all have time to play :lol:

Btw do you know if Luny have gotten around to fixing her pc, or if it's still acting up on her?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A huge windows update fixed it. Never use free PC "optimizers". They mess up more than booze can fix. :lol:

I think one of the electro-motors in my wheel is acting up. FFB felt weird last couple of times.

Back on topic. With an improved handling and other new stuff it is time to get some Crew time :party:

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Was going to put my wheel back up tomorrow and take a spin. Enjoying space flight but need to get feet on the ground once in a while, no FFB in space. Take out a few of my favorites for a spin. :auto-swerve:
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Haven't played that much yet so I can't really tell about a difference. But this sounds good. :)
I'm going on holiday for a week and am pretty busy the weekend after, but I'm up for a cruise or just some crew driving after that!

Return to “The Crew Game”