So what do you think of the full game

No votes

Total votes: 0
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Played TC all weekend because of the Patch, Very Happy with the game and all of the fixes. So many vehicles are much more drivable now like the 1967 Shelby GT500 for example, wheel spin issues fixed, car handles just awesome now. The Circuit spec version looks really great too.

I can't say enough good things about the new cockpit view now, I use it so much more than I did before. Really happy they keep working on this game.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

sounds like things are getting better, can't wait to try it out when I get my PC back up and running. :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just drove a couple of hours in The Crew.

Driving has improved a lot. It is really fun again.
I could not join a Crew with friends, despite trying at least a couple of dozen times.
So i just cruised from Las Vegas to Chicago like the first time i ever played this game. Driving the Hot Rod street and i liked it. Controllable drifts also at high speeds. It seems the HC mode has improved a lot.

I also enjoyed driving at a steady 60fps at 3440x1440 in ultra settings. The Game really comes to life on a big screen like that.

Chapeau for the updates.

Now we need to be able to hook up more easy with friends.

BTW all my DLC cars were gone. Must be Uplay again acting up.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Going to check this out tomorrow when I eventually get my rig up and running but I've got to agree with Madman it doesn't matter how good the game is if you cant connect with friends then its not going to help the longevity of the game. :(
Image Image
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think in the end that's what is really lacking in this game, the connectivity with friends, crew, and more people to really feel you're part of a living world and -never drive alone-. If then the system starts acting up and you can't join anyone then that is even more annoying.
Let's all hope they are finally going in the good direction with this patch and we can expect some good fixes and features in the next patches.
I will be playing some tomorrow, test some cars which were hard to drive (like the Mustang 2015), and some favorites to see if something changed. I'm using a controller in sports so I'm not sure if there are big changes there.
Shidlovskiy
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:
► Show Spoiler
This is a great post. Very nice to see constructive feedback here.
DDastardly00 wrote: I can't say enough good things about the new cockpit view now
This must be a joke...

Cockpit view was spoiled to the TDU2's condition for many cars. To be glued to the windshields like in C2, C3, ZR1 or Ruf 3400 is not a good position to drive from the cockpit. Cockpit view for Saleen is a complete mess now. No gauges at all. And I can go on. Damn, C3 was my favourite car when vintage pack came(yeah, just a week before the patch), now I can't drive it because of the new cockpit camera which is ridiculous. Some cars still have a good-right cockpit views (BMW Z4, Agera and similar views) and I hope they not spoil them in the next patch when they will try to fix a new cockpit camera, which got many negative feedback.

As for driving feelings, yes, they are better now. But FFB still need for improvements, coz my G25 going mad if I turn it to the max and try to accelerate a bit.

Still can't understand why people can't connect to others... I never had these issues since launch till now. But the one thing is must - good NAT(true ip) with open ports. In 1st PC beta I coulnd't connect to a friend until I called to my provider and ordered a white (true ip). Just after it goes live I instantly was able to play with a friend. And never had this problems, I play the game 3 times in a week, and we just played yesterday.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That feedback was meant to be taken seriously. Fortunately the developers did something constructive with it as well.

I just drove with the new McLaren F1 and it rocks. Tuned it in perf, but only a L4 kit, which makes it drive very well. Overtuning these type of cars will make them very hard to drive and almost uncontrollable in HC mode. And i don't use this one for races anyway.

A few things stand out. Still no rear view mirrors. I did drive for a while in cockpit view, as that view is always awesome in an F1 in any game, but the mirrors are a big mis. Also the animated wheel whobbling when you drive in a straight line is annoying. Especially when you drive with a wheel, like i do.
These two points do need attention. At least make an option to shut off the wheel movement when you drive in a straight line.
And i did expect the mirrors to be working now. If not for the consoles, at least for the PC version. Let go the idea of parity between al platforms. Other developers do this as well. Think GridAS and more recently GTA V.

The control input and reaction to the wheel during driving are very good again. The devs did a great job in making the cars response better again.
With the Hot Rod (Street) i was able to do high speed controllable drifts and massive burnouts, just for fun. Wheelspin in 4th gear and also when driving over a bridge or hill. Epic stuff.
They brought back the fun in the driving again. I like it.

:2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:That feedback was meant to be taken seriously. Fortunately the developers did something constructive with it as well.

I just drove with the new McLaren F1 and it rocks. Tuned it in perf, but only a L4 kit, which makes it drive very well. Overtuning these type of cars will make them very hard to drive and almost uncontrollable in HC mode. And i don't use this one for races anyway.

A few things stand out. Still no rear view mirrors. I did drive for a while in cockpit view, as that view is always awesome in an F1 in any game, but the mirrors are a big mis. Also the animated wheel whobbling when you drive in a straight line is annoying. Especially when you drive with a wheel, like i do.
These two points do need attention. At least make an option to shut off the wheel movement when you drive in a straight line.
And i did expect the mirrors to be working now. If not for the consoles, at least for the PC version. Let go the idea of parity between al platforms. Other developers do this as well. Think GridAS and more recently GTA V.

The control input and reaction to the wheel during driving are very good again. The devs did a great job in making the cars response better again.
With the Hot Rod (Street) i was able to do high speed controllable drifts and massive burnouts, just for fun. Wheelspin in 4th gear and also when driving over a bridge or hill. Epic stuff.
They brought back the fun in the driving again. I like it.

:2thumbsup:
Its good to hear they are getting the important things fixed again :2thumbsup: I've never disliked the game I actually like the game very much but I just think it lacks that little spark that makes this sort of game great.
This sort of news means the game might be heading in the right direction again, now what the hell happened to that Companion app. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just played some skills. 4th of July award was not given.

Some skill challenges were bronze, while i had all Platinum. Most annoying is that a few of my WR were gone. Those were the ones where i had an almost perfect run. All precision skills. Will be virtually impossible to repeat those times and scores.
Maybe they did a leaderboard sweep. But my times are legit.

I even recorded a couple

Not happy :(

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Played a little too, no 4th achievement either. The new car is ok but I really would like to drive from cockpit view but lack of rear view mirrors really ruins it for that. Car would be nice if mirrors worked. Also I just realized no convertibles, unless I missed one. Good for a short cruise but to be honest, ETS2 is better for cruising for me.

Return to “The Crew Game”