Tips & Trickz For The Crew

No votes

Total votes: 0
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Keep an eye on this page:
http://uplay.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/events/uplay-15-days" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might be able to win something exclusive for The Crew :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, i won a car for Watch Dogs, not for the Crew :lol:

Tuning and Detuning:
This morning i tried a race in LA Lobby and was all over the place. The part i installed yesterday completely ruined the handling of the Bentley. It was literally undriveable.
Off course i drive on HC and every change will be extrapolated because of that. But this was ridiculous.
I started to detune the car and bough another L50 part i freed with the Ford GT.
Now the car is drivable again, but not as good as it was before.

So not only are L50 parts not always the best tuning option, they can also ruïn your ride. Best to send them to HQ and try every single one of them on a dedicated test track.

I tried to focus less on top speed and more on grip. That seems to be a good reference.
I did the same with the Dirt spec cars and the Focus is a much better drive now. No more Holiday on Ice.

The different L50 parts can set you on the wrong path in creating the perfect setup for each ride. Numbers only say little in The Crew. Balancing with parts is the key to get a good setup.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes, you have to take those lvl 50 parts with a grain of salt, as they can either be a blessing or a curse :lol:

Also things to look for are the cars with lower torque numbers tent to be more planted and grippy on the road, while car with 750+ tent become lose and unhooked

I also just grinded 7 lvl 50 parts in about 1½ hour today for my perf spec. Lamborghini Miura SV, and it looks awesome and handles pretty well at lvl 1299, and it only weighs 995 kg 8-)

But i mostly got acceleration parts, so don't know if it could be better with other parts, but my Murcielago will be happy to get those accel parts as that's it's only flaw, it's only 8750 in accel and the Aventador flies by it at 200 to 300 km/h, but the Murcie has the topspeed over the Aventador ;)

And just found out the street edition BMW Z4 is 5 kg lighter than the normal ingame Z4 at with the same turning 8-)
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

How people getting around 7 speed cars, I use H-shifter but finding alot of perf cars are 7 speeds i don't want to use my sequential shifter I enjoy H-shifter but only has 6 gears
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

In the PVP races, how can you tell if you are the one selecting the cars, tracks, etc.? I just sit there until the race started...
Favorite car: Whichever one I'm currently driving? * YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FollyOfArsinoe
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Arsinoe wrote:In the PVP races, how can you tell if you are the one selecting the cars, tracks, etc.? I just sit there until the race started...
The player name is above the picture of the chosen next map (around top left side), but i agree it wouldn't hurt if it were clearer who the host is ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If there is a Crown before your name, you can pick the next race. Usually when you have won a race, or in a lobby where the highest session ranked player picks next track.
You have the option to disable collisions. With lag and some who forget to brake, that can be helpful.
Fulysic wrote:How people getting around 7 speed cars, I use H-shifter but finding alot of perf cars are 7 speeds i don't want to use my sequential shifter I enjoy H-shifter but only has 6 gears
Pick either a T500RS shifter, like i did, or the Fanatec shifter. Both have 8 speeds (7+1).
Fanatec has also a version that can be conversed to sequential. Expensive but good stuff.

I drive the Crew with sequential or even automatic gears. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:If there is a Crown before your name, you can pick the next race. Usually when you have won a race, or in a lobby where the highest session ranked player picks next track.
You have the option to disable collisions. With lag and some who forget to brake, that can be helpful.
Fulysic wrote:How people getting around 7 speed cars, I use H-shifter but finding alot of perf cars are 7 speeds i don't want to use my sequential shifter I enjoy H-shifter but only has 6 gears
Pick either a T500RS shifter, like i did, or the Fanatec shifter. Both have 8 speeds (7+1).
Fanatec has also a version that can be conversed to sequential. Expensive but good stuff.

I drive the Crew with sequential or even automatic gears. :lol:
I will have to get T500RS because fantec only taking preorders, i will see if local store has any probably not, cheers Madman never looked at other brands of shifters that closely after using DSD i only drive in gate shift if that's right term or h-pattern
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

Ford Mustang has 6 forward gears in perf and circuit spec. Looks ugly in circuit trim though.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

blehz wrote:Keep an eye on this page:
http://uplay.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/events/uplay-15-days" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might be able to win something exclusive for The Crew :D
Nothing for The Crew but I did win an unlock for Just Dance 2014. Follow The Leader Sweat Dance version. Gonna be shakin' booty as soon as I buy the game. :loll:

Return to “The Crew Game”