Tips & Trickz For The Crew

No votes

Total votes: 0
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The next challenge will be at the Whiteout Mission. At least this time it is a drivers challenge.
I did a quick drive there this morning with the Gallardo, as my new Shelby GT500 was all over the place. Great fun for drifts, but not very fast there. You need the Gallardo or another 4wd car to set a good pace in the snowy mountains.

This was not a clean run, but gives a nice impression of the track for the new challenge.

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SRT-8HellKat
New Starter
New Starter

I need a visual tip on using the in game text chat on Pc version of The Crew. I know how to turn it off & on. I see the commands. I see the box where you type, but other than that, I don't know how to use it, Does anyone have a video on YouTube on how to use it??? Anyone ???? Huh??? Anyone. It wouldn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes to make & upload 1, since it should be a quick short video.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Press F3 to make it pop up. Sometimes takes a while. Type T to enter text. And you can switch between the open session or crew, etc, by clicking on them.
Does not always work fluently. But at least you can communicate in the game without head set.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

Press T to also bring up the mouse cursor to switch tabs (or press F5, F6, F7, etc)

In Private tab, type /W Bezrider hey dude wanna cruise? if you are not in the same freeride session or crew with him. (Just as easy to use Steam (Shift+Tab imo).
Otherwise if you are crewed up with your friends use the My Crew tab.

Click-drag from the top-left corner to move or bottom-right corner to resize the chatbox after having pressed F3, T.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:The next challenge will be at the Whiteout Mission. At least this time it is a drivers challenge.
I did a quick drive there this morning with the Gallardo, as my new Shelby GT500 was all over the place. Great fun for drifts, but not very fast there. You need the Gallardo or another 4wd car to set a good pace in the snowy mountains.

This was not a clean run, but gives a nice impression of the track for the new challenge.

:auto-swerve:
Off Topic
MadManCk your a pretty good driver we are both about equal, so maybe you have some clues you done this few times like me

I have a friend in my friends list who plays using keyboard and FA and he sits number 16 :angry-tappingfoot:

possible cheat or is he taking short cuts
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

The top scores for that event are achieved by using the wall-riding exploit.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Even with an almost perfect run, i can not get it above 20300 in HC mode. Maybe with some assists you can get a faster time. But if they can use the rail riding, the whole competition is screwed.

And FA is unbalanced in The Crew. I think players with a keyboard should have a fair chance, but certainly no benefits.
The same story as with TDU2 where all top times were set with keyboards and the devs refused to change the possible exploits. Things like this kill a game for me.
I think wheel users should always have a small benefit from a precision point of view. The reward for making the investments and real drivers skills. Driving with a wheel can be hard work. But should be rewarding.

The top times have been cheated for sure. One had 22000. No way :lol:
Cheaters will be removed from the leaderboard. But still...

For an official competition with real money prizes like the Whiteout Challenge, they should remove the cheaters and exploits first. Otherwise it is no use. Nobody likes an unfair challenge. They should know that at Ivory and Ubi. :twocents-02cents:

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Even with an almost perfect run, i can not get it above 20300 in HC mode. Maybe with some assists you can get a faster time. But if they can use the rail riding, the whole competition is screwed.

And FA is unbalanced in The Crew. I think players with a keyboard should have a fair chance, but certainly no benefits.
The same story as with TDU2 where all top times were set with keyboards and the devs refused to change the possible exploits. Things like this kill a game for me.
I think wheel users should always have a small benefit from a precision point of view. The reward for making the investments and real drivers skills. Driving with a wheel can be hard work. But should be rewarding.

The top times have been cheated for sure. One had 22000. No way :lol:
Cheaters will be removed from the leaderboard. But still...

For an official competition with real money prizes like the Whiteout Challenge, they should remove the cheaters and exploits first. Otherwise it is no use. Nobody likes an unfair challenge. They should know that at Ivory and Ubi. :twocents-02cents:
yeah i kicked guy from my friends list we kinda got into it lol so I figure easier to click remove friend, the best i can do is 20296 thats all out like you say its very fine line, plus my old man hands just are not what they used to be, but like you say madman 20300 is around limit for HC mode

But i totally agree with you madman lets hope the devs for The Crew will do something probably not but we can hope i guess
cyp2x4
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

i don't know how you guys even get 20300 i cant even hit 20200..... 20197 is my limit :(
The Crew2015-1-2-19-32-54.jpg

i had music during the race... if you're interested its porter robinson - language as for the funky numbers on the top right that's ReShade injector for SweetFX
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some info about the setup and different tuning options in The Crew. I posted this before in the info thread, but it is probably better at place here.

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-u ... 8-76770-32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Crew Game”