Faction Wars

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did the coast to coast in a Viper in around 46 minutes, including 2 major league crashes, caused by Ai drivers. And i don't use the back to track button.

We tried the Landmark Tour Yesterday, but i got stuck in half loaded graphics. We also had to restart 5x before we could actually drive, including rebooting Uplay and The Crew a few times.
I won't do longer races, untill the game runs more smoothly and servers are more stable. Including Uplay.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I'm freaking tired and me hands hurt after a really long and painful faction race with Luny this evening!

Luny and I did the "Landmark Tour" faction race which is said to take about 4 hours. Going from Las Vegas to the upper west coast, from there down to the dessert near the border, and to Miami, Washington, NY, upper East coast, to Detroit, Chicago and then though the snowy mountains and down to the Hoover dam, and i have never been so happy to see Las Vegas again. Round trip, it took me 3 hours and 17 minutes and 5 seconds 8-)

I sadly lost Luny somewhere in the Texan dessert due to a game crash 90 minutes into the race :( so i soldiered on alone with the crazy AI drivers

To sum it up, a f*cking long, mentally and physically draining endurance test

Oh, and if you are going to do this race then do you self a favor and prepare water etc. as it is 3+ hours nonestop racing ;)
(Landmark tour) faction race
(Landmark tour) faction race
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

If it weren't for the rubber band AI you could hopefully pull out a lead long enough to facilitate a bathroom break.

It's worse when you don't know where the race takes you next. You know where the end is but each time you start heading in that direction you get your hopes up and then make another massive detour. :(

Showtime (2.5h) starts in Key West, goes past Miami all the way up the east coast to new York, then cuts across into the lower Midwest, up to the rockies and near the Ice track, then down south into the grand canyon, west again just outside Vegas before heading into the Yosemite park towards the west coast, before finally heading into LA, with one more final detour in the hills north of LA before finishing. Took me 1 hour 45 but if I didn't spend so long offroad (giving AI a 5km lead) I would have knocked 5-10 minutes off that.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Those are really long drives guys especial the first one, I guess you could still pause the game if you are doing it solo. (not sure how this would work if in co op)
Image Image
Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

I've not tested if there's any way to pause the race... I'm leaning towards it not being possible even if solo, but happy to be corrected.
Sure we can have water at the ready and maybe hold off a pitstop, but I was getting pretty sore towards the end of the last big race and turned down the force feedback (Fanatec wheel can do that), and what about the recommended PC breaks every 15-30 minutes (for back and eye strain) :)
Last edited by Ryzza5 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ryzza5 wrote:I've not tested if there's any way to pause the race... I'm leaning towards it not being possible even if solo, but happy to be corrected.
I've paused a race by just pressing Esc key. (but only in solo race)
Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

did a trial run of the Coast to Coast solo
to test if my Ford GT was up for it ^^
Attachments
The Crew2014-12-23-15-51-9.jpg
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Those are some long drives. Don't think I will ever even try. Anything more than a half hour at full tilt starts to be more like work than fun for me. I do like the 10 - 60 min. ones. My fav is Flee The Country. This is a skill drive and can be done in under 15 min. Anything you touch damages the car, even barbed wire fences. Less damage at the end, the higher your bonus. I made it once with only 4% damage and only because they put barrels blocking the path. Either have to slow way down and squeeze through or bash em. Tried slowing once to try for 100% but then hit something in traffic.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I noticed today that the Wolf won every state im classing this month as a right off because the wolf are default faction so they were bound to win the first month.

Sucks they get the bonuses, but now i can really buckle down that it starts fresh once again

So people go fight for your faction

Ryzza5
Rookie
Rookie

Maybe get all your faction-mates to team up and focus on one zone per month? Repeat a bunch of $33k missions in one state for an hour to get RP. Login every 3 hours to Send friends in all the missions in that zone (pays less, but more RP in that zone). That sort of stuff.

Return to “The Crew Game”