8 core performance

No votes

Total votes: 0
GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

So for anyone out there who's running 8cores (or threads) the game handles that many cores very well, in windows 8.1 we get a really good spread of the workload on all 8 cores on my 8320.
The Crew 8 core screen shot.jpg
:banana-dance:
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Game runs fluently here. So far no big issues, except connection. But it makes the PC work for sure :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
cyp2x4
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

yeah 8 threads here and its quite nice ubisoft should learn from these guys.... plus ive been using the VSR option on my 290x doing 3200x1800 doing 60fps most of the time unless in few cities where it drops to 45 fps :/
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm running the game with an i7 and a GTX 780Ti on ultra settings and so far no problems. :D
Only side affects are sometimes the fans seem to stress out and wile I'm playing we don't need the central heating on anymore as my desktop throws out enough hot air to heat the whole house. :lol:
Apart from that it runs ok. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Game uses every resource it can. I think that is good. All 4 (HT) cores of my i7 2700K are used and the GTX780ti tops it off.

Too many games do not use the full capacity and run not as they can because of that.
Makes me wonder what further optimizing they will make to allow rear view mirrors and dynamic weather options.
Off Topic
I just read that DX12 will allow twice the FPS or half the energy consumption. Good to see MS works on the optimizing as well.
Maybe something for The Crew 2, Europe :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I'm running a I5 4670K and a GTX 970, and it runs great on ultra ;)
Bezrider wrote:Only side affects are sometimes the fans seem to stress out and wile I'm playing we don't need the central heating on anymore as my desktop throws out enough hot air to heat the whole house. :lol:
Apart from that it runs ok. ;)
That's one of the downsides of my rig update, my room is alot colder here in the winter, my old AMD Phenom II X4 and HD 7950 rig heated up the room nicely, but my new rig setup runs much cooler and efficient, so i'm having to turn up the room heater more now :occasion-snowman:

The GTX970 sometimes idle at only 26*c and game load at 66*c, my old HD 7950 did hit 88*c
GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I have my graphics turned down a bit since I am still using my old card, it still performs fine. I can even mess around with it a bit once I get this new build all figured out, but for now I am running a 1920x1080 and having everything on low except shadows (medium) and textures are on high, turned motion blur off as well. It barely stresses my 9800 GX2 at these settings but if I go higher I get a lot of stutter, I think its prob the small amount of memory my card has by today's standards. Should have a GTX 760 on the way by around feb so shouldn't be a issue for much longer. :woot:
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
MaXi
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:Makes me wonder what further optimizing they will make to allow rear view mirrors and dynamic weather options.
Off Topic
I just read that DX12 will allow twice the FPS or half the energy consumption. Good to see MS works on the optimizing as well.
Maybe something for The Crew 2, Europe :party:
1) optimization needs to be done mainly on network side, that's also the reason why we have only 8 players per session... the game already requires quite a big upload, more than some people have...

2) don't count with The Crew 2, I don't think they would spend so much time to create everything again, also splitting the player base is the worst thing for MMO games (long queues kill everything)... I don't know any MMO game with sequels, except for Guild Wars, but between them there was a long time and they are completely different (graphics, architecture, everything, it's just the same universe)... so it's more likely they would create an expansion for current game, depending on player base and the state of the game... and to be honest, at the moment it don't look like a big success, so patches and content yes, but expansion? I'm not sure that work would return the money... maybe if they would switch architecture to client to server, that could bring some people back :D
Last edited by MaXi on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeragger
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Mirrors work fine during "demo mode" in the interior view. For me, anyway. I was shocked the first time I noticed, took it outside and it was gray textures again.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe Europe can be an extension of the Crew in the future. Right now they will add things to the existing map. More than enough space to work with.

They already have the tools they need to create more maps. It took them 4 years to develop the tools they needed to make the Crew. And 3 more to build the actual game world and finish the game.
A lot depends on how well sales will do. But The Crew can have many Years to come.

They need to further optimise FPS to implement mirrors. Dynamic weather is on everybodies wishlist, although i like to drive in sunny weather in the game. :lol:
Mirrors are more important imo. :party:

Return to “The Crew Game”