The Crew Wild Run Expansion

No votes

Total votes: 0
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I like the graphical changes too, but the game gets to bloody dark and it is next to impossible to see the road head, i'm having to expand the map to see where to turn as i can't tell from watch the surrounding until right when i'm in the turn, so headlights and reflections need to be buffed alot. Also i think this may be a bug, but when entering a tunnel the screen gets really dark before it adjust to the tunnel's lighting.

It is those kind of bugs that i really dislike about the game as it throws away your concentration for a second or two - leaving you going blind at 300+ km/h, it is worst when night racing as the road tents to be a sea of black and there is not really any reference points to see where the road goes. :?

But the handling have worked very well so far, but got to say i have no clue wants so ever on how to launch a the dragsters perfectly....
mclaren6
Rookie
Rookie

Aaaaaaaand the damn dataloss issues are back. :evil:

Lost all summit medals earned thus far and all my friends did too.
PSN: mclaren6 *Insert picture and/or witty comment here* Why do signatures exist again?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just logged in without probs. Went to the HQ, bought 3 new cars; RT12, BRZ and the TVR. Got the L4 perf kit for the TVR Sagaris (with exhausts to the side ;) ) and drove around a bit. Great car. Cool sound. All car models have been improved as well. Looks really good.

I did a Faction run and noticed the Ai has improved a lot.
The traffic are now mostly branded cars, which adds to the immersion. More detailed as well.

Only noticed some FPS drops in city areas during wet sessions.

Also was invited to an instant challenge thing. The poor dude should have picked someone else :lol:
The Crew2015-11-20-14-32-57.jpg
The Crew2015-11-20-14-35-4.jpg
The Crew2015-11-20-14-35-33.jpg
:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Well finally got the game to boot after the update, and man am I sad. So long story short I was able to upgrade the graphics on my laptop this late fall, after receiving and installing the new card I was ecstatic to see The Crew play in 1080p with high geometry and medium everything else at 40-60 FPS. Booted in tonight, marveled at the upgraded graphics (really good work Ivory Tower) only to see my FPS sitting at 20 FPS, I thought it must be my CPU since I know the crew was pushing it pretty hard before, I discover my CPU is working even less now (sitting in the 70% on all 4 cores) and my GPU is hammered at 99%. I get to play the game but have to go all low and 1280 x 720 to get 35-40 FPS or so. Looks like the quest to finally replace my beast will have to continue forward.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, Wild Run seems to be heavy on the GFX. But it does look very good. I don't know if the devs can optimize it some more. That is a thing as players with heavy graphics artillery have small issues as well. It surely makes your PC work. Makes you wonder how it runs on Consoles.

Right now i'm just enjoying the enhanced scenery and only drive around wth some new cars.
I will tune some cars in Drift spec later today. Starting with the BRZ as the Camaro i used during the beta was hard to control. Maybe tuning can be of some help there as well.

Wild Run has breathed some new life in The Crew. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

My thoughts on Wild run expansion

First off Ubisoft really fail to deliver what the people want beta was fun but after having more seat time its really starting to show true colors four people crews is still down point to this game the most people you see is eight people at any one time get with the times.
Still no replay option or photo modes most body kits are the same no custom paint shop very poor race editor no rim size selection, how can your car be your avatar if you can't really make it who you are in a visual aspect.
I enjoy alot of the new content but at the end of the day this game still falls short

PVP:
This mode is completely useless FA, SM and HC should not be mixed together this makes majority of race's very unbalanced adding bikes with cars has made this even worse bikes need separate option like the specs have
Traffic from peoples internet still creates major race problems

Cheats:
Still very much an issue and some old cheats still seem to be active

Graphics:
Can notice some difference's in reflections and slight performance gains

Physics:
They have changed a bit but still far from perfect each time i connect to the game cars still feel different each time the steering still feels very controller like

Sounds:
Some cars have improved but the Dev really need to get out of the office and hear some real rotatory engines and some real throaty V8's like i have TVR sound is ok but still not what a hotted up one sounds like been in hill climb TVR and sounds very amazing TVR motor as very unquie note when motor is tuned

Bugs:
Need a big can of bug spray for these no nitro is my most frustrating one at the moment
Grounds wet with no rain
when look back no taillight glow or brake light glow
Car makes backfiring sound after heavy damage but once car repaired sound is till there
Summit does not work correctly dates time are wrong for me
Throttle pedal randomly inverts after game launch
Mic gets reduced by 50% after game launch
Steering wheel locks it self to right or left after game launch
Objectives still not working correctly
Land marks and some missions have lost there completion ticks

New Modes:
Drift spec:
This mode is fun but far from perfect, no throttle control bad steering input and the handbrake is completely useless

Drag spec:
No RPM meter at start line launch gear changes are silly for people using clutch and manual shift for me to get perfect shift you have to release the throttle clutch in then change gear and rlease clutch and back on throttle which makes it very difficult to get shift in there small green bar
Also solo runs make race feel empty

Monster trucks spec:
I feel this could have been so much more really feels like last minute effort on there part orange track reminds me of hot wheels track physics are poor and they just don't have the sound and throw around like other games i have played with monster trucks

New part selector:
This is rubbish system making it even harder and more of grind to get platinum parts

Its is a fun expansion i will keep playing to see how they plan to fix and probably not address any community issue's as they tend to do its been a fun ride but it will be short lived there are good points but the bad clearly out way the good
All in all it is not really worth the money in my opinion #alwaysdrivealone
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, there are still a couple of things high on our wish lists.

-8 (12?) player crews for cruising
-Custom Paint and Tuning
-Challenge Editor
-Photo Mode
-Video Mode
-Rear view mirrors

And so on.

Looking at the performance hit the weather model brings, it is logical they do not introduce more options that can cause performance drops.
Custom paint has some side effects they have to deal with. It is not from the table.

But with a good wheel setup you can notice the differences in handling. No pCars quality though.
The lack of throttle controlled drifts due to indirect throttle control is a big mis. Indirect controls in general are bad.
But they promised improvements in response and playability.

The calibration issues are not good. But can also be a result from the Fanatec drivers and W10.
Try the new beta ones.
Fact remains the default Fanatec wheel setup in The Crew is a mess. Button layout is ridiculous.
But the shifting lights and speed dial work now as promised.

BTW Roads can be wet after a rain shower. Drying roads have different grip differences. This is a feature and not a bug :lol:

A good and critical review, Fulysic.
PVP was already messed up. I rarely enter a lobby. But there is an option for private lobbies.
They ignored the "Bikes too powerful" comments. So they create controversy again on purpose. :angry-tappingfoot:

Overall for me the pro's are bigger than the cons for Wild Run. Mainly because the issues are the same as before and Wild Run brings new stuff to the game. That does not exclude the need for the devs to address those issues.

It remains ridiculous you feel like driving alone in a MMO-CarPG :twocents-02cents:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lots of good points brought up guys and even though they still continue to work on the game I doubt they will any more big enhancements like a custom paint shop or a real race editor so you can save races to challenge your friends and compete with. :auto-swerve:

Maybe if we keep bringing them up we will get them in The Crew 2. :mrgreen:

PS. Keep posting those awesome photos guys and I will pick some out to put on the slider at the top of the index page. :D
(please keep in mind I might have to crop some of the photos as they need to be 1170 X 320 to fit the slider and just scaling them down to much will distort them) ;)
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
BTW Roads can be wet after a rain shower. Drying roads have different grip differences. This is a feature and not a bug :lol:

You may have misunderstood what i meant MadmanCK sometimes my writings not the best and English is my first language :loll:

I tend to have a weird habit of hanging out in same areas for hours and hours

So for example i was at the air force base practicing Drag car launches and it was sunny and no rain all of a sudden the ground became wet for no reason then went away only had it a few times i have been told it could be my connection to server causing it so keep eye on that

Don't get me wrong i will still be playing the crew it has drift mode and classic cars so im happy even if its not greatest drift mode i still like it i just focus more on achievements and drifting rather than PVP

When i was in PVP i saw MT DR etc but they were greyed out can these be selected in PVP yet or are they still to be released because love to get good drift group going in future

Don't worry by Steam review won't be so harsh they need all help they can get over on Steam

Worst unbalanced bike i came across is the raid spec KTM the raid cars just struggle to keep up with it
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote:
So for example i was at the air force base practicing Drag car launches and it was sunny and no rain all of a sudden the ground became wet for no reason then went away only had it a few times i have been told it could be my connection to server causing it so keep eye on that
They must have installed sprinklers than, when nobody was looking. Obviously the wet and dry dynamics need some tweaks. I have seen the instant changes as well. A more gradient transition would be nice. More natural as well. For now i'm just happy with the new weather dynamic model.

I will try to get some feedback from IT, based on TDUDT reviews and comments. :party:

Return to “The Crew Game”