Wild Run Closed Beta

davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

I got the beta for the wild run but what is exactly the deal with it is it just DLC for the crew or are they going for the full price game rip off, to me it seems no more than just DLC it will be pretty lame if they expect those who already own the crew to cough full game price that's for sure! :naughty:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

looks like i be just watching the Crew intro until 19th got error code #2_ca3a66d7_0 looks like its stopping other aussies from playing they are saying they might not beable to fix it for beta :(
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Alowgo wrote:I'm glad to see that my LED display on my wheel is now working in The Wild Run. When yet it does not work in The Crew

:rightthumbup:
Later
Wasn't even aware of that. I don't think they work at my rig. Maybe because of the Siminstuments Dash. Have to try that later.

The drift mode has some good things and bad ones. The combination boost for holding a car in a drift and chain the corners together is awesome. That is missing in a lot of other games with drift spec.
The drifting itself is mostly done by reducing lateral grip of the rear tires. Problem i have with that is that it is not really controllable with throttle, like it should. On HC in the wet it was really hard to control the car. Something to get used to, i suppose. But even if you "catch a drift", the car keeps spinning out. That should not happen. Needs some polishing for sure.
The throttle lag has to go. Especially with this Drift mode in mind. I will fiddle around with some settings later to see if i can make the throttle response more direct. Crucial for a good drift experience.
Also the steering angle has to be improved. Drift cars are known for extreme angles, only possible with extended steering.

It is really bad for our Australian friends that they can't play this beta. IT should fix that ASAP and don't try to hide behind technical stupidity. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Originally Posted by NapsterAU wrote: Glad the temporary FPS fix is working for some of you guys.

For those that need to lock fps below 30 need to download MSI Afterburner. Once that is installed you can find the riva statistics server in the notifications tray near the system clock.
You will need to open this up and and find framerate limit and set this to 15. Once you're in the game and you connect into your session you can remove this cap and also set the ingame cap to 60fps.

This has worked for all of my mates so far. Be interesting to see what Ubisoft says about this

The above fix worked for me, not shore how and why but just glad to be in and playing figure i would post it here to in case some one here has same issue
Remember this fix is for Error - #2_ea3a66d7_0 issue but may not work for everyone

only disappointment so far is the hackers are still roaming free
2015-10-17_00001.jpg
2015-10-17_00002.jpg
2015-10-17_00005.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, even the leaderboards of the Beta were hacked, only 1 hour after release of the Beta. :roll:

That is another thing that needs some attention. IMO a waste of resources and development time, but needed to get rid of those Hackers.

Good to see you found a workaround. But IT has some homework to do before release :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Yes, even the leaderboards of the Beta were hacked, only 1 hour after release of the Beta. :roll:

That is another thing that needs some attention. IMO a waste of resources and development time, but needed to get rid of those Hackers.

Good to see you found a workaround. But IT has some homework to do before release :lol:

wonder if they will push the release date back, did they delay the crew can't remember so many games get delayed now days i loose track
2015-10-17_00015.jpg
2015-10-17_00017.jpg
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

is the night time wet track only current drift track in beta that we can access cant find any others like the one in prologue
2015-10-17_00018.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fulysic wrote:wonder if they will push the release date back, did they delay the crew can't remember so many games get delayed now days i loose track
It first got delayed over one year from the official release plan and later a couple of weeks. Kudos for UbiSoft to do that. Not all publishers are so patient.
I don't think the Wild Run will be delayed. Still a month to go and most issues are connection releated it seems.

Nice score on that drift track. I guess you like it sideways :auto-swerve:

Some tuning might come in handy there. If it works similar to the normal specs, it should give you some control on how the car reacts. Handling tuning is key, i think. :D

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

These bikes have way too much grip in corners. I was afraid of that. This will ruin PvP and all skills. Unless there will be bike specific challenges and skills.
Bikes need to get a lot less grip in corners and should not be compatitive with cars in corners.
I had my suspicions about the bike handling. Tixier is a biker himself. :roll:

Drift mode needs some fine tuning. Especially the throttle control. Tomorrow i will try to tune a drift car some more and find other drift tracks or get to a race track. Too soon to judge.

In addition to that it is not easy to drive a bike with a steering wheel. You will need to make a targeted setup for that. And as soon as you switch back to cars, you have to do that again. Contoller will be much better with bikes.
This means that for optimal gameplay you need to hook up a controller next to your wheel. I dont think i will drive bikes much. Same as in TDU2.

PS There are a lot of complaints on the official forums. I like the graphical updates. Especailly in the Cities. Road pavement has been improved and the wet weather effects are cool. So i don´t know what it is with official forums. Atari was a sour pit sometimes as well. :roll:

:auto-biker: :auto-dirtbike:

Return to “The Crew Game”