Wild Run Closed Beta

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beta is over now. :(

I had a blast with the Camaro Drift in the dry. It drives a lot better than. Even did some skill challenges with it.

Unfortunately the devs did not give enough starting money to try more cars. But the new graphics have a lot of pros.
There is the difference between dark nights and bright day that is too big. Colors are washed out a bit.
Game needs more color saturation, like the vanilla game. Happy colors make the game look good.

So the dark is too dark and the bright too bright. That can be tweaked for sure.

Drift spec needs some tweaks. Cars spin out too easy. And wider drift angles cant be controlled like they should. With tuning the cars get better. But not enough to satisfy me.
I know how to drift. Topped the ranks in other games like Grid.
Every drift mode needs to get used to. But the dark wet drift track from the summit was more frustrating than fun. Every time i wanted to do some "real" drifts, the car spun out of control. No way to use it like it should.

Anyway, this Beta was short and fun. Looking forward to the release in a month.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Speaking of Faction vs. Faction, this reminded of what tdu2 has, Club vs. Club. Oh those were fun, I enjoyed doing CvC, helping my club earn XP, donate money and unlock exclusive cars. I loved that! It's a shame really that The Crew doesn't have any Clan/Club/Guild system where you could earn exclusive content such as cars, exclusive stickers, exclusive body kits, rims as a reward.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Right now it still feels like being a single player in an MMO World
The Crew@Allways Drive Alone
That exactly how i have always viewed The Crew and why it might not succeed in the long run. Try as they might they can't come anywhere near the socialness of TDU2.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Started to really get used to the drifting did entire lap chaining it in 4th gear it was a blast got me to rank 410 i think score was 140000 just hope they tweak it a bit more, then i will be unstoppable if I crew up with MadmanCK we might actually stop the worlds rotation :2thumbsup: but that dark wet track really reminded me back when i used to do it on the streets when i was starting out maybe that explains some of the score but knowing Ubisoft what you see is what you get.

Drag mode gear changes really frustrating
2015-10-18_00003.jpg
Of course biggest one hackers no point hjaving record board with them roaming the streets

I think this will be the end of crew franchise they really need to start fresh if they continue with it

Managed to run game 92 hours with only 3 crashes and original startup issue

found screen shots of that score
2015-10-18_00006.jpg
2015-10-18_00007.jpg
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

The crew and this add on have a lot of similarities with TDU2 similar lame single player story mode with characters you just don't give a shit about, the whole game gets tired and repeatative very quickly losing the incentive to play, the online multiplayer as it is too flawed to provide any useful gameplay and you soon loose interest!
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah they are really missing the MMO part in this game.
There's nothing social about this game.
Even the Summit isn't going to change that.
It needs bigger crews, clubs, paint editor, ... .

I played the beta a little bit as WildStar is currently more attractive to play.
But what also put me off is the input lag. I wonder if this is due to my computer or the game. FPS was capped at 30 FPS, so I don't think I had any FPS drops.
Sometimes the car doesn't react or too late, it is really annoying and makes the game unplayable. I remember this was also an issue with the first beta, which they fixed later on. Is this due to servers being hammered? I can recall something like this, that the input is based on the server latency or something like that.
We'll see what the official release brings, but atm Ubisoft is really effin up this release with barely any information on prices, pre-orders and the complete feature list.
Or did we get all the features already? I'm expecting MMO social features or this game will probably not get much attention from me in the future.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The additional gamefun is nice as well.

Some videos with the Camaro in Drift spec, doing skills.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Didn't get much time to test out the wild run beta but in the short time I did play nothing really stood out to say I need to play this game more. :(
Yes the graphics are a big improvement and we now have rain and those BIG TRUCKS put a big smile on my face when I was driving them around but this game is still missing the play me factor. :|

As I didn't get a lot of game time in to play the beta I have been very interested in all of the comments on the forum, I did read a few on the official forums but it is frustrating having to read through lots of rubbish just to get to a few good posts (that's what I like about TDUDT, you guys give honest and constructive comments and don't just make a post to whinge because the cars don't have sat-navs or something else just as stupid :P )

What I am reading from most of the comments is that we all seem to mostly want the same things, here are a few comments I have picked out.
MadMan
you need fresh content on a regular basis
larger Crews and a place to gather and show off your paint skills
custom paint shop
photo editor
16 player events should be possible
8 player Crews for free drive
the text messaging should give you a sign that someone is trying to reach you
CRC is still missing

dpuff
what this game needs is a better Custom stickers/paint editor, Photo Mode, Customizable HUD, Custom Radio and Auction House
what tdu2 has, Club vs. Club. Oh those were fun, I enjoyed doing CvC, helping my club earn XP, donate money and unlock exclusive cars

blehz
It needs bigger crews, clubs, paint editor
Nothing new in those comments but they have been repeated many times in the past not just on here but on the official forums and others as well yet for some reason Ivory Tower/ Ubi-soft choose to ignore what the community wants and take a different road (pun intended).

This is sad as this game could be so much more even with just a few of those recommendations above but like Fulysic has already said this is highly unlikely now as the development of the crew is coming to an end. :(

Maybe if The Crew 2 comes along then it will be the successor to TDU/TDU2 but as it stands it falls short, I also find myself laughing as I am typing this as we all complained about the short comings of TDU 2 when it first came out but for all its faults it still had a better pull than the crew and even though the wild run will add some new and fun content it will only keep me coming back occasionally to play and long term, who knows. :party:

I think Fulysic's comment sums it up best for me.
Fulysic
i feel once again they have come up short and misunderstood what the community really wanted and really needed it's like they have tried to give the people what they wanted but they have not understood what people wanted and not to be rude but they do not have the vision to create what people wanted.
:twocents-02cents:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The enhanced game play and improved physics are community requests as well. Just like the weather model and instant challenge editor.
This dev team works hard to improve the game in every aspect. Including server stability.

But the things that made TDU2 great are still missing. And things that made TDU2 bad are still been implemented, like overpowered bikes :roll:

There needs to be cohesion between the different game elements.
It needs to get you more involved. Even if the storyline is cheesy, it does keep you going. But once it is over there is no follow up in Faction wars or other related events. There is a piece missing.

Larger Crews for free drive is a no-brainer. And 8 player Crews can be done. 12 is even better. And 6 vs 6 is also better than the small groups.
Text chat should be on by default and in easy to read colors. Not red or blue.

But these things have been mentioned in this thread before. Also on the official forum. But over there and on other Crew related forums there is so much whining about partially unrelated details, that good feedback is snowed under. The moment someone is positive they get marked as fanboys and so on.
And some are just complaining about everything, without giving pointers how it can be improved or changed. Waste of space.

IT should become more involved with their community on the supported forums, like they have done here in the past.

A lot of the feedback we have given is now incorporated in the game.

And keep in mind that what we can think off in 5 minutes, can take 5 months to develop.
But the essential feedback given here, should be taken in consideration.

Development has not stopped. The whole Studio is now part of UbiSoft.
And i rather have them improve The Crew some more than develop The Crew 2. Maybe in two years from now. With preparations starting now, gathering info and feedback from the community.
But The Crew 2 can also be released as an extension and new game at the same time.

We will see if the Wild Run will bring them what they expected. Future of this game depends on it. :party:

DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Interesting tidbits there, I guess I will find out for myself soon enough. I'm sure they will keep tweaking it until they get it right.

Return to “The Crew Game”