No votes

Total votes: 0
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Publisher buys Lyon studio after forming close ties working on The Crew

Ubisoft has acquired The Crew developer Ivory Tower.

The studio had already been working with several Ubisoft studios, including Reflections, on the racing game for a number of years.

The studio, based in Lyon, France, houses 100 staff. It is currently continuing work on The Crew with a new expansion called Wild Run.

“We’ve always enjoyed a very positive relationship with Ubisoft," said Ivory Tower MD Ahmed Boukhelifa.

"Working together on The Crew, and celebrating its success, made us both understand that we have huge potential in continuing to work together in the future. By joining Ubisoft, the team at Ivory Tower will continue to benefit from Ubisoft’s infrastructure, support, tools, technology and vision. In return, we will contribute our own expertise to the broader Ubisoft story.”

Ivory Tower was founded in 2007 by three former developers at Eden Games. Its first game, The Crew, was released in December last year.
Link
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Their relationship with UbiSoft was great, i have seen that with my own eyes.

But i still think being "independent" gave them the final say in development and direction of their games. Despite the Ubi Fueled X360 "error"
We all know how Atari and Eden went in an ugly divorce, after Atari acquired eden games.
The publisher intervened in the core game development, made them nerf the handling and cutted short development and eventually shut down the studio.
There are differences though. Atari went bankrupt and the first signals for that must have became clear long before the release of TDU2.
UbiSoft has some serious dough and also a very dedicated and game oreinted staff. Ivory Tower might have found a good home with UbiSoft.

Lets hope for them it turns out to be the right decision. The 4 (not 3 like mentioned in that article) founders will have a happy bankaccount now for sure.
Their motivation to create cool games will not suffer.

I have just send my congratulations to the Studio :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have to be no man on this, im really against these larger company's buying smaller company's then they dismantle them and they disappear, EA has been doing it for a while pretty sure EU were discussing ways to stop this long time ago i guess talks fell on deaf ears or maybe triple A company's bought the governments
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to the community manager at IT, nothing changes for the Studio:
Regarding the next steps, we'll keep supporting The Crew Wild Run and updating it throughout the year with additional content.

Nothing changes for the studio and we'll keep making sure the game evolves as the community wants it, be sure of this!
Good to know. Busy times at IT :rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nothing changes for the studio and we'll keep making sure the game evolves as the community wants it, be sure of this!
Well at least this gives me hope that some of the things I am hoping for will still come to The Crew. :pray:
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”