The Crew - Unable to launch because I have to verify the files

No votes

Total votes: 0
blehz
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you uninstall and re-download it, then make sure there's nothing left behind in the folder where it was installed.
I would also remove the settings/savegame of the game in your user folder.
DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

alright I finally found out what the error means. It's basically just a translation of "This game is a 64-bit game and you are running on 32-bit" and yes it is Wildrun so I freaked out but sadly...

My PC died 3 days ago and I have just taken it from the repair shop so now it runs on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

The bad news?

I have to start over or something. I don't know if my save data is still there because all my documents are deserted
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Your game save data is stored on the cloud at Ivory Tower. So you do not have to start all over again. :woot:

Did you encounter any probs with missing files like Xinput13?
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:Your game save data is stored on the cloud at Ivory Tower. So you do not have to start all over again. :woot:

Did you encounter any probs with missing files like Xinput13?
Nope. I was able to run it at "Playable" and no issues. Now I just have to wait for the game to complete its download :D

Return to “The Crew Game”