The Crew - Unable to launch because I have to verify the files

No votes

Total votes: 0
DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Alright so The Crew got a 7 GB update for me. I doubt it's Wildrun because I haven't been ordering that or buying it.

Back to topic, after the update and clicked play, I received an error that says that game launcher could not be found and I have to verify the files. I did that twice and it's still the same.

I am on Win 10 by the way, anyway to fix this?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I run The Crew on W10 and had no issues after the Wild Run update.

I will check later. :ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

DudeX wrote:Alright so The Crew got a 7 GB update for me. I doubt it's Wildrun because I haven't been ordering that or buying it.

Back to topic, after the update and clicked play, I received an error that says that game launcher could not be found and I have to verify the files. I did that twice and it's still the same.

I am on Win 10 by the way, anyway to fix this?
Try this:
Can you please temporary disable your Anti-Virus and Anti Malware software, once this has been done can you verify the game files for the game. After the verify files have been completed can you try the game again and see if the same issue happens again.

If the same issue happens again could you navigate to the Wild Run Beta folder?

Default Locations

Uplay:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\The Crew Wild Run Beta\

Steam:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\The Crew Wild Run Beta\

Once you have opened this folder can you then right click on the folder Support, from the menu select Rename. Can you then change the name of the folder to 1Support, after this folder has been modified can then you then try launching the game?

Also try running the game as Administrator, hope this helps. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Also try running the game as Administrator
This^

That might do the trick.
But so far no issues with W10 over here. Just logged in The Crew.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I tried all of your suggestions but it's still the same
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Is this message from Steam or Uplay
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Verifying a Game's Files in Uplay

*Please note that this feature is only available to games that released after 11/15/2013 and will not be available to all Uplay games.*

Verifying the game cache can be useful if you are having technical issues with your game. This process checks your game install folder and compares the files to the files on the download server to look for differences. If it finds any issues with corrupt or missing files on your install folder, Uplay downloads and repairs those files to your install folder.

1. In the Uplay client, click on Games.

2. Click on the game you wish to verify the files for. You will land on a window that looks like the one below. Click on the Properties and choose Verify files.

3. Uplay will then begin the process of checking your files.

4. When the process is complete, you will be met with the following window that will display the results of the scan and tell you whether or not files need to be redownloaded or not.
DudeX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I also did that a couple of times, still same

However, one idea seems to come. If I uninstall it then install, will it work? I know it's dumb and it is my last resort
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

it may work i suggest restarting PC after uninstall then reinstall it if this does not work may have to contact support
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:Is this message from Steam or Uplay
If you are referring to the one I posted then I got the info from The Crew forum
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”