The Crew Chat

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Crew Chat

Anything Crew related :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are many good things that came to The Crew with the Wild Run extension. The Summit is awesome, the weather is cool and the physics updates are very good.

Bikes are way overpowered though, especially in Circuit Spec.

One thing about the new graphics is the exaggerated contrast. The difference between light and dark is too big, making colors washed out in daytime and streets way too dark at night. It looks cool on sceenies, but for gameplay it is not good this way.
Many players complain about the game being too dark at night, especially those playing on smaller monitors.

There is another thing i have seen but not tried yet. Due to the GFX being pushed already, i stayed away from 3rd party enhancers. But looking at some screenies, the effects are really cool and maybe worth a shot.

Unfortunately there is no ENB for The Crew, unlike many other games. But there are SweetFX presets that seem to work well with the Crew.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/33928/

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/33332/

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1169/

This is like putting on polarized sunglasses. :eeek:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/33928/full/

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/33332/full/

My question: has anyone tried this yet and how are the performance impacts on the game?
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Very interesting I might check this out, thanks for the links Mad. :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Looked like fun :)

Ever since my XB 360 controller got the very lose left stick problem gaming with it has been annoying, so might just get myself a new controller, and pick up racing in the crew again, as i miss it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Summit is addictive. But it takes a lot of effort to get into the top 100 for the Free Lotus Evora. :eeek:

Maybe this Summit is too long. Only 10.000 have qualified for the Summit and about 8.500 have set a score yet. With so many people, eager to win, it will be tough to get in the top 100 and even harder to stay there. You need to constantly keep improving the scores in every 12 of the events. Skills, Challenges, dedicated PvP and special Summit events like single brand races or skills.

Cool thing is that is is fun to do. But with just 6 different selected limited PvP events, it becomes repetitive after a while. Maybe the devs should pick 10 events for the PvP poule. With single brand races and everybody a 1299 car or bike, the playfield is even. So skills win races. I like the Summit format a lot.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I like the Summit too, but Drag and drift is not something i'm good at, but i'm good on the dirt.

Btw what kind of cheat cut did you all use on the perf. time attack ? Or is that a bike time ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You need to do the Perf in Crew
And use the slipstream

:mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:You need to do the Perf in Crew
And use the slipstream

:mrgreen:
Arh okay figures :P
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bear304 wrote: