The Crew Chat

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did a file check and will do a CC and a reboot and will see if it runs. I really do not understand why i even bother, lol.

Maybe just to keep up with our own challenges :party:

Problem over here is that i have very little time to spare. And i do not want to be confronted with time consuming issues that are basically not my problem.
The general attitude of both soft and hardware producers is so low now, that they think they can get away with half working products and devices. And as long as we continue to reward them for their non efforts, they will continue to do so and push the limits of what they can get away with. Games with early acces in pre/alpha state, hardware with incomplete firmware and operating systems that systematically undermine other software manufacturers and fail hardware support.

Maybe i will try later today. :geek:

Edit+ the recent W10 update messed some things up. Again. :facepalm:
But i finally managed to get it to work again.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Really, i mean really? After another W10 update and Nvidia new driver install Crew1 does not work anymore again. :doh:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I find it so hilarious it is always you that have issues with windows and drivers :lol:

I never have issues with them.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is worse now. Did Crew file integrity check and even W10 file check and still can not get the Crew1 going. :roll:
Edit; i even did a complete clean re-install of the latest Nvidia 388.71 drivers.

Maybe time to uninstall this fail miscreant of a game.
It is more annoying than fun and why even bother anymore?

Edit; OK i'm done with this. I do not want to waste any more time on this. Better things to do. :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

After i had disconnected my wheel, i could enter the Crew. 8-)

So W10 update has screwed my wheel setup on my PC again. :roll:
It is the same story every time.

Last time i did re-install my Fanatec drivers. I probably forgot to do that this time. But why is that even necessary?

Anyway, i figured why my game won't start. :ugeek:

As i can not get my wheel to work, i did send a PM to Fanatec
Can you please help me and hack Bill Gates' christmas tree, so it gives them the finger?
:loll:

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

How is this game playing with a controller, in particular a Steam controller? I have not played for a while, wheel is packed away but will be getting a controller soon. I have not used a controller for years, back when I had a Sega Genesis (yes old fart :character-oldtimer: ). I recently received a 55" TV and have a Steam Link networked to TV. Using a wireless KB and mouse now in living room, works very well and I think driving on big screen would be pretty awesome even with just a controller. Playing any of my games on this TV is awesome so far but really cant drive with just a KB and mouse.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Crew 1 and also Crew 2 are developed with controllers in mind. After all they run on the consoles.

I'm not really a controller driver, so i can not help you with that. You can use the wheel settings with a controller and start from there.

I did receive an answer from Fanatec CS, they did try to hack Bill Gates tree, but everything was analogue, so they failed in any further attempts

:loll:

I need to remove everything and afterwards every trace of Fanatec software and than reinstall everything manually again and again.
W10 updates were bad before, forcing me to re-install a lot of the more exotic drivers after every single update. But it seems to have become even worse now.

I'm under the impression that this is just the beginning of MS tactics to completely stop everything they can not make money off. Wether it is soft- or hardware. I might be wrong. But i do recognize some alarming patterns.

Anyway, there is a very cool option to create a driving setup in your living room. I have one right now before the big screen and it is indeed awesome to use a large TV to play games on.

Grab a foldable playseat and hard mount your wheel and pedals on it. Maybe you will not break any world records, but it is very immersive driving that way. You can easily store away the seat and wheel when you don't need it.

Steam link only supports an X360 and Steam controller if i recall correctly, so the wheel must be hooked up directly to the PC. But it is a nice device. Especially with the recent 90% discount. :mrgreen:

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Will try out the controller once I get it and figure out how to use one again. On a plus side, I will not have any negatives from switching from a regular controller to the Steam one since I have not used one in such a long time. Have a couple of games where a controller can sub for wheel and flight stick. Sales going on for the controller and the Steam Link but I already owned the Link.

Setting up a wheel in my living room is really not an option. If I lived in an apartment and had the PC in the same room, no problem. PC is in the back bedroom and I do not want to put desk, PC, and everything else in the living room. Running cables from living room to PC also not an option. About 75' which is too far and any cables laying out in the open is just an invitation for the cat to chew them. Cat chewed through a printer USB cable once and destroyed it when I turned it on, did not know he chewed it.

The Steam Link is limited to what can connect though I have read that a program called Virtual Here will allow someone to connect wheels and flight sticks. Most of my games play okay with keyboard and mouse which work fine with a wireless receiver plugged in the Steam Link. I have the Link directly wired to my network, I have read that the wireless connection can be problematic. I am happy with it so far.

I wanted to note something I just discovered using the Link, lag. Not noticeable for most things but I like golf and play Perfect Golf. Have been playing at the desk but took to living room today. Shots require precise timing to hit the ball correctly. Just enough lag to make that precise timing off a little, will have to learn to compensate.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Got this working and took a cruise. Nice playing on a huge screen. Not going to win any competition using a controller but would not win with a wheel either. Still getting used to using a controller, been a while. Steam Link, Steam controller, and U-play do not play well with each other but there are a few ways to get them to play together. Using someone else's configuration for the Steam controller. There are a few community configurations to try but enjoying a little cruise time with the first I tried. Maybe see me on the road a little.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nothing beats gaming on the big screen TV :D

Steam link and also Nvidia Shield, allow you to stream games locally to your TV, without having to hook-up a PC.
This combines the good stuff from the PC, with the convenience of a console. :ugeek:

:party:

PS, i did see this; but i don't know how well it will work.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/367670

Return to “The Crew Game”