The Crew Chat

neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I was looking at my stats and on the vehicle stats Its says 98/121 fullstock vehicles, I'm only missing 1 circuit car apart from that as I have 1 police car to get, I'm wondering if maybe they are gonna drop some more cars on us in a big update at some point as they fullstock mentioned can't be the police cars as they are already all available as fullstock except the 1 merc, just wish if it was the case we were getting more cars they'd just hurry up with it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I do not think there will be many new cars. The Summit rewards are cars you do not already posess. I have them all, so i get a lausy 20K CC or 5K for a qualifier. And with the number of events reduced to just 4 a month, Summit is slowly dying.

Instead of giving the Summit a needed boost and improve the Free Drive events, they focus alone on Calling All Units. But that is just plain wrong. By neglecting the things that make The Crew good, they shoot themselves in the foot.

The Game desperately needs new stuff. Not just cars. More bikes; like choppers for cruizing. More specs; like dirt dragsters, drift bikes and stunt car racers and more events in general.

I still think the Faction system needs a big overhaul. There should be more cohesion between the storyline and the rest of the game.
More exploration rewards, like new wrecks in new locations (Oahu :D ), more roads and road types and a general better use of the huge map.

I still see a lot of untapped potential. But the team is focusing on the wrong priorities. Appealing to the NFS crowd for example, or completely ignoring the complaints about bad competition and the ridiculous weather.

More weather types and more variation in general would also benefit the game. The continues rain pisses everybody off.

At this point i do not know if the game can be saved. A lot of players have moved on and we only do our own in-house competition and some Summit events. Maybe the occasional cruise and that is it. The Crew has lost a lot of its appeal.

The continues hassle to even hook up with friends, connection losses during events or stupid Free Drive bugs like black screen hangs, non stopping counters after the finish and so on, have made me rage quit the game more than once lately.

The Crew is more annoying than fun now and that can never be the goal of a game.

Add to that, that i am under the impression that Ivory Tower is working on another game and only has a small portion of their staff supporting the Crew and you can see why i think this will be The Crew's last season.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

if all platforms together do 300 000 skislopejumps with street spec we get stickers

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/16 ... -Challenge
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

first sticker is free
(next by 500K jumps, everyday other spec btw)
Attachments
The Crew2017-3-29-16-24-48.png
The Crew2017-3-29-16-25-5.jpg
The Crew2017-3-29-16-25-16.jpg
Last edited by Lunytrickz on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

500K jumps every day???? :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:37 pm 500K jumps every day???? :lol:

komma edited :mrgreen:
500K jumps by every player over all platforms with the daily spec :P
with 300K already done for the first sticker :geek:
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well, it looks like The Crew is now dead in the water.
Since the launch of The Crew in December 2014, an incredible community of passionate players has grown and followed the evolution of the game.

With two expansions, several new PvE and PvP features, a complete graphical upgrade, weather effects, and of course new vehicles to name but a few, we’ve been continuously driven to expand the experience for all our players.

Today we want to inform you that we won’t be releasing any major updates in the coming months, but rest assured that The Crew has only just begun.

As you know, additional police vehicles will soon be added to the game and we will be back with more news and information as soon as we have details to share.

Thanks for your continued support, 510s!

The Crew Team
https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/portal ... 4-76770-32

Honestly, two years is a long time for a game to survive in the modern gaming era. So good job to them! Especially given that this was a new IP! :clap: Hopefully, assuming they are working on it, The Crew 2 blows everything out of the water!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well it wasn't without them actively trying to ruin the game on many occasions, when they messed up the handles i called it a quits for a very long time, and new they spam the rain and the traffic to actively annoy everyone playing their game.

So yes it is incredible that they still working on the game, yes not fixing any of the bugs...
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Maybe the shirt phrase "The story has just begun..." is for The Crew franchise not for the game itself, I hope I'm wrong.
Btw let's keep an eye for upcoming updates :party:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

At least they continue with their monthly patches. Not many game developers do that.
On the other side, they introduce new bugs, do not test their new releases properly and stopped with giving new cars.

Soon® the Summit will be dead. They killed it by not removing players who use glitches, capped 3 of the 12 events without replacing or adjusting them and still continue to use the same old tracks and events over and over again. Add to that the new "no reward" or BS CC and the absence of new content and you can see what i mean.

The Crew concept was new. But IMO they should have continued with the TDU format and add some things like summit and skills.

Anyway, i will try to contact the community manager. And see what i can get out of him. :party:

Return to “The Crew Game”