The Crew Chat

BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm Before you could barely get a crate run going in a crew. So that is a good thing i guess. But the Crew leader has to accept the invite for all to join now.

Today i was able to drive a new WR on Slalom Skill 19. It has been a while since i actually went for it. Usually i only do all events once. Only the Crew related stuff more times.

Unlike my previous attempts on skill records, i did not forget to use the Shadowplay this time. :mrgreen:

Video soon®

Wow awesome drive :eeek: Seems you practice so much to achieve that. GJ :rightthumbup:

I have a question: If devs patch the steering on drag cars to make it like steering on joystick mode, will players complain about other unfair methods to achieve high scores on skills or they shut up forever?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They already unlocked wheel settings for joystick/controllers.

Some players will always complain. And the funny thing is, that keyboard players have the easy life. Keyboard controls have more driving aid like traction control, spin control and brake assist than controller and wheel players have.

Unfortunately on default controller settings, the dragsters seem to turn slowly. But if you check the top 10 times, there are some controller players there.

I will always play with a wheel and also think it is fair to have an advantage. Due to the steering precision. But in games like The Crew, you might actually have a disadvantage due to overcompensation for other control types.

Some simply complain about the choice of cars. Slalom skills were best done in Perf spec at the beginning of the Crew, than came the Circuit specs, after they were better to use on normal roads, than the bikes, than Dragsters and now sometimes bikes or dragsters. The best car for the event has changed during the Crew lifespan. Players who complain, used to be very bad in controlling them. But now you see the same names using them just the same, after they learned to control these cars.
Big problem is that devs sometimes listen to these loud mouth players. Bikes were ruined because of them.

You will not hear me complain and i also play on the HC settings. Sport Mode is probably best right now.

Only thing that can cause a rage with me is players who use unfair means to win events. No matter if they are external tools or in game flaws. I just can't stand cheaters and their mentality.

For the rest i'm still able to beat most of them, despite their low game morals.

If you let these so called top players play on HC mode and in 1st view, they would probably not even be in the top 100. Just to put things in perspective.

The dev team tries to create a game, where typical arcade players can compete with sim racers. They do succeed up to a certain level.

Right now i think, the less they tinker with settings, the better.
But the moment that keyboard players start to rule the leaderboards is usually a sign that the game is unbalanced. The same happened to TDU2, where all leaderboards top 20 were keyboard players. They even replied to me (these players) that the best way to play that game was with a keyboard. No joke.

Wheel is more immersive and gives best feedback of driving a car.
But the current physics do not really live up to what they promised.

It can be worse though. All cars have their own character.
But i do have things like barrel rolls, hovering, flips, bad landings, no brakes in slipstream, excessive reduced overall grip in slipstream and ridiculous exaggerated impact on small bumps and invisible objects.

Maybe all this weirdness is a signature of Tixiers work. After all this was also in TDU1.

Fact is, that if they dumb down physics some more, or make handling with a wheel worse, i might consider switching to other games even more. Wheel support is decent. Not as good as in other games. It used to be better. But it works.

It works well enough to let me set WR from time to time. :ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Great words, I agree with you. I heard you somewhere that the alpha physics of The Crew where more realistic.
I don't like that the handling turned into NFS stlye as it's one of the most unfair handlings (wallriding, wallbouncing, etc). So, we see those NFS players on leaderboards and they call themselves "skilled players".
You think that devs will someday rework again the physics to made it suitable for sim-racers or serious players?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think they have been facilitating the NFS crowd. As EA dropped the ball (again) they (Ubi) probably made this executive decision. Not the team themselves.

The original handling was separated in three distinct driving modes. Each with a different character and attitude.
Unfortunately handling modes have been brought together more and more.
And TBH with the original HC mode, it would have been imposible to keep up with a flatout oriented Arcade mode.

But as SP is best right now, they slowly bring back some feeling to the driving again.

I really think they should not try to be something they are not and stick to the original plan :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I got 10 points less than MadMan. There is bad traffic, but I will try to increase my scores at weekend.

I know that somone don't like wheel + drag drivers, but on the other hand - I play every missions with same settings. It's not so important to me get high scores - I like the playing itself and I try beat my earlier scores. If others are better, it's not taken from me. (hmm. I just told that I try to beat MadMan in slalom skill :lol: )
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Moominpappa wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am I got 10 points less than MadMan.
That is way too close for comfort. :shock:

I thought i was relatively safe with one gate more than the rest. But my score obviously brings out the best in others, as they try to beat it, knowing it is possible. :D

I did about a dozen runs, half were reboots due to traffic. Previous runs were 10258 and 10288, both good enough for 1st at the time. But i felt there was more in it.

I like these mini skill competitions. A while back we had a group who did that all the time. Donny B, Husky, Hand und Fuss and a few others.
With the lack of proper competition and a good maintained Summit, these are the little things that keep The Crew interesting for players like me.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I know this is flattered and will most likely not hold, especially as i did most events only a few times. :D
But it still looks good 8-)
The Crew2017-3-16-16-21-33.jpg

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Latest patch has brought back some functionality to my wheel. Shifting lights and speed indicator work again.
Also the FFB feels good again and does not just feel generic like before. It gives a better sense of what the car does and makes the driving more involved.

Sometimes small things matter. Good wheel support is certainly one of them. :party:

Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:35 pm I know this is flattered and will most likely not hold, especially as i did most events only a few times. :D
But it still looks good 8-)

The Crew2017-3-16-16-21-33.jpg
Great! I think that I can't never got my ranking so up that it's shown everyone.

Right now I am above you 6/9 parts of summit qualifier but I still wonder if your total ranking is less than my 28. You are so much better than me in those three areas.

Btw. how you got a pictures from summit scores? I got only black screen (I am not used any third part program) when tried print screen.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think Uplay overlay has the F12 key for pics. :geek:

We did all events in just 1.5 hours.
I have done this for the past Summit events and managed to stay in top 25 most of the time. Doing most events just one time. It is not really worth the effort.
But if there are single skill events, where a nice mini-competition emerges, i might give it another shot. ;)

Return to “The Crew Game”