I'm a little concerned

neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

As the title says, I'm a little concerned with the future of the crew, I mean its under a week from release day and with very little info drip fed to us since the announcement it doesn't sound too promising.
One of the main reasons I say this is there has been very few cars announced so far, no mention of whether we'll get monthly content updates like we have done thus far for wild run, its appeared on the xbox live page and this is the tiny bit of info at the end

"A brand new Cops Vs Racers gameplay- A retuned Police AI- 12 new missions- 10 extra levels, up to 60- And of course a wide range of new vehicles"
Its £19.99 which is reasonable but not if you take into consideration that all players will get the 10 extra levels.

I just hope there is some sort of plan to keep it interesting, I still play summits in between Horizon 3, I qualify and win the prize as I already have all cars, bikes and specs.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new DLC is a lot less appealing than Wild Run for sure. But it is their way to continue the project.

I'm more concerned about the physics going more arcadish with every update. NFS is another game, just saying.

And they still refuse to deal with players who use in game bugs and glitches to set records.
In addition to that, the top rankings are filled with keyboard players.
So the physics need to be rebalanced soon®.

The positive is that they still support the game actively after 2 years.

But the map becomes a bit empty. Not much to do and the roads could be more interesting. Especially the environment. More variety is badly needed.
A little map extension, like Oahu would not hurt. And Mexico is also appealing. :woot:

I don't really mind not so massive car lists. The cars they pick and have chosen so far are all petrol heads cars.

There are other things that should be high priority. Like the less social feel than TDU.
It took me this week at least a dozen times every time i wanted to hook up with friends in The Crew. Things like that should not happen after 2 years of operating the Crew.

And they refuse to add the option to drive in a 8 player crew in FD. Maybe best with that hassle to hook up :P

There will be more features. FD challenge will be improved and extended. By far my favorite feature in The Crew.

But to keep it interesting they will need more map area and more activities in the existing map. And i do not mean these ugly orange ramp things that are really a pain for the eyes when you drive in certain places. But more variety in buildings, towns, cities, new (licensed) racing tracks and better use of each class and spec.

And some of the skill scores are still cheated after 1 year. Not cleaned up.

But i'm looking forward to anything new to spice up The Crew. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Being that this game is two years old, I wouldn't be surprised if support for this game dropped off after this pack. I mean, two years is a really long lifespan for a game nowadays. So I would say they made good work out of this game. And not many new vehicles? They've actually announced quite a few! I'll try to list some of them off the top of my head:

Lamborghini Huracán
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
Nissan GTR
Maserati MC12
Jeep Wrangler
Mercedes GLC Coupe
Kawasaki GPZ 900 R

I probably missed some, but that's a pretty good sized list along with the new game mode that comes in the pack! And they may have even more that they haven't told us about! And considering how many free vehicles have been added to the game on a monthly basis, they've done an really impressive job of adding content! But I'm not going to expect any more content or monthly car additions after this. They can't keep supporting a game that has a small player-base.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
neongod666
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I found this on the official forums

Confirmed New Vehicles (and Specs):
Bikes:
- Indian Chief Dark Horse (2017); Full Stock, Street, Perf
- Kawasaki GPZ 900 R (1984); Full Stock, Perf, Circuit
- KTM 1190 RC8 R (2015); Full Stock, Perf, Circuit

Cars:
- Ferrari F12 Berlinetta; Full Stock, Perf
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; Full Stock, Street, Dirt, Raid.
- Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4; Full Stock, Perf, Circuit?
- Maserati MC12; Full Stock, Perf, Circuit
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 250 4matic Coupe; Street Only avaliable as a Police Vehicle.
- Nissan GT-R (R35); Full Stock, Perf

So that 3 new bikes and 6 cars and as police vehicles

Confirmed Vehicles as Police Units:
Bikes:
- BMW S1000RR (2015); Perf

Cars:
- Abarth 500; Monster
- Ford F-150 Raptor SVT 2010; Raid
- Hummer H1 Alpha; Raid
- Jeep Wrangler; Dirt
- Koenigsegg Agera R; Perf
- Pagani Huayra; Perf
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4; Perf
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Supperlegera; Circuit
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 250 4matic Coupe; Street
- Nissan GT-R (R35); Perf

I only hope there is a bit more and there has been suggestions that despite the Summit Finale there will be continuing summits with new vehicles every 2 summits, whether or not that is the case I don't know.

I will still get the expansion on release day, just worried its not gonna offer a lot of gameplay value.
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

For me The Crew can be improved a lot. Like Madman said, physics need a balance between controllers and the advantage glitches/bugs must be removed to favor fair and skilled driving. I'm looking forward to this new expansion and I'll buy it. I'm saving money to buy a new pc because my laptop can't keep up with The Crew Wild Run graphics ( I get between 25-30 fps, I reached 40-50 fps on older graphics )
Many things I miss from TDU1-2 are the clubs and the feel that you are driving a car not a sliding brick ( not to mention that the cars sounds are terribly bad IMO )
I take the opportunity to ask here if FH3 worth it as a fan of TDU 1-2 driving style, social part and many other things. :auto-layrubber:
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I am pre ordered CAU just because of support to devs for keeping The Crew alive. I agree MadMan and Bata_Manta, this is too arcade and sociality is not as good as it was in TDUs.
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

BATA_MANTA wrote:I take the opportunity to ask here if FH3 worth it as a fan of TDU 1-2 driving style, social part and many other things. :auto-layrubber:
So I'm a bit confused about Horizon 3. When it was first released, people were saying it's the greatest game ever made. Now, a couple months in, people (mostly on Youtube) are saying that the game is getting a little boring. It's still probably a great game for newcomers to the series, but maybe the people who have played the past two Horizons are just tired out by the series. Honestly, I'm not sure. But the upcoming expansions look like they could introduce some cool new environments to the gameplay experience!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

BATA_MANTA wrote:For me The Crew can be improved a lot. Like Madman said, physics need a balance between controllers and the advantage glitches/bugs must be removed to favor fair and skilled driving. I'm looking forward to this new expansion and I'll buy it. I'm saving money to buy a new pc because my laptop can't keep up with The Crew Wild Run graphics ( I get between 25-30 fps, I reached 40-50 fps on older graphics )
Many things I miss from TDU1-2 are the clubs and the feel that you are driving a car not a sliding brick ( not to mention that the cars sounds are terribly bad IMO )
I take the opportunity to ask here if FH3 worth it as a fan of TDU 1-2 driving style, social part and many other things. :auto-layrubber:
It's well worth it on the driving side of things, however socially it still trails behind TDU.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have not played FH3, since it did not support my wheel config. I might try it again. But the controller response was vague and not pleasant. For real good control you need uninterrupted direct control input. Any input lag will keep me away from playing these games.

We have a lot of fun doing the summit events and the weekly TDUDT challenges in The Crew.

With the new CAU DLC, the FD challenges will be extended. But the community manager does not spil any beans yet.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote: With the new CAU DLC, the FD challenges will be extended. But the community manager does not spil any beans yet.
No more FD challenges? I liked them - even they weren't counted summit points. It was fun to test cars in same track. Also these missions were easy to do during boring online meetins... if you need to stop and do a while something else, it didn't broke the holy mission.

Return to “The Crew Game”