The Crew- New Racing Sim- Ubisoft (ivory tower?)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

More in game info including:

Car radios, customised play lists :)
It also looks like something has been implemented to address rammers in free ride but it's a little vague as to what :?
"The Crew will offer the widest variety of car types ever seen in a driving game" I wonder what they mean by car types . This could mean many things, notice they avoided saying makes or models :think:

Read more in the link :link:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice. A lot of things we asked for in TDU2. Custom radios, custom stickers and more tuning options.

This slogan is well crafted IMO:
The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving game developed exclusively for next-gen consoles and high-end PCs that leverages the new hardware capabilities to connect players online like never before. The Crew takes you and your friends on a reckless ride inside a massive, open-world recreation of the United States that is brimming with exciting challenges. Generous in content and tailored for the connected generation, The Crew is the next-gen game that redefines action-driving.
:character-blues:

PS i see they already accept pre-orders for the PS4 version...too soon® ? :eeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Rockdo-do423
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Karu62 wrote:according to the guy in this interview, the team that made TDU1 left Eden and formed Ivory Tower.the very "underwhelming" TDU2 was made without the original team. he goes on to mention that The Crew is the real TDU2.

what Atari gave us was named TDU2,but the name and the general layout of the landscape is the only thing that relates to TDU,everything else is just garbage thrown in to make the game sellable knowing the most important parts were missing.

if there is a TDU3 i wont buy it.

I don't know what it is exactly, but the handling seems to bother me. It looks like a step in the other extreme like how NFS games are now...
PSN= Rockdo-do423 or Rockdodo

Steam = Rockdodo
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

So what's this I'm hearing about The Crew having poor car physics in both driving and crashing according to pcgamer. The only way to find out is to play it I guess, but if that turns out to be true then it's a huge let down.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote:So what's this I'm hearing about The Crew having poor car physics in both driving and crashing according to pcgamer. The only way to find out is to play it I guess, but if that turns out to be true then it's a huge let down.
Well if this is true then it's best to get it on the table now and shout about it, that way something might get done before release.
If not and the driving physics are a let down I think we can expect a big back lash from the gaming community for another open world driving game cock up :eeek:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Another game for the masses. I really hope they have not cocked up the driving physics. Maybe the influence of the UbiSoft Sugadaddy is too big already than?
Arcade does not have to be bad. But everybody is expecting more, especially from Sebastian Tixier (TDU1 physics guru).

It is off course also related to what you expect from it. Whatever they say, a "neutral" game magazine reporter has prejudice, even if he doesn't want to admit that. If you are used to HC Sims, most physics will be disappointing if they don't come close to that.
But i think everybody is expecting a very good driving experience, because of the original TDU1 team. They raised the bar for themselves.
Or is this review flavored by the competition, who do not like the buzz on the Crew?

Lets see more reviews first. I will grab it anyway. It's an open world thing i guess.. :mrgreen:

:character-blues:
The Test Drive Unlimited influence extends to the car handling model, which inherits the same floaty physics of the TDU games. This the main criticism I have of The Crew at this juncture: terrain as rugged as America’s demands the rugged powersliding to match, and The Crew doesn’t deliver on this front. Still, with extensive car customisation options there’s a good chance you’ll be able to set up your ‘ride’ until it feels just right, and overall the cars do seem to have more weight to them than TDU’s counterparts – most likely the influence of the Ubisoft Reflections studio (of Driver series fame), who are on co-development duties.
No drifting? That would be very bad indeed. And i don't like the "heavy" handling that wasted DriverSF ... Even if that was a fun game (with a controller, not with a wheel). Have they really dumbed down another game? What a waste...

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-cre ... -missions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SCOOBASTEEB
New Starter
New Starter

I think it looks pretty cheap and too arcadey if that's possible... :/

Just my opinion though, i expected the developers of TDU1 to make a much better game.
Prepsi

SCOOBASTEEB wrote:I think it looks pretty cheap and too arcadey if that's possible... :/

Just my opinion though, i expected the developers of TDU1 to make a much better game.
You have to also remember that it isn't just the eden devs working on this. They have ex EA Black Box people [hopefully that means it will be like the old NFS Games too] people, and they also have the devs of DSF working with them.
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:
SCOOBASTEEB wrote:I think it looks pretty cheap and too arcadey if that's possible... :/
You have to also remember that it isn't just the eden devs working on this. They have ex EA Black Box people [hopefully that means it will be like the old NFS Games too] people, and they also have the devs of DSF working with them.
Just hope that EA isn't in charge of DLC distribution lol
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
sfy
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

up to 8 other players in your session.

wonder how many people are gonna throw a tantrum over that :angry-cussingblack:

Return to “The Crew Game”