The Crew- New Racing Sim- Ubisoft (ivory tower?)

DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Translated page: http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/10740 ... r-racing?/

Ubisoft makes simulator racing?

Ubisoft Reflections ( Driver: San Francisco ) said according to a rumor from the Examiner to work on a new racing game called The Crew . The idea is to focus on realism and hence is of course intended to go up against Forza Motorsport 5 and Gran Turismo 6 . The Crew will reportedly be released for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the two faithful servants Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Ubisoft Reflections is working as familiar even on Watchdogs , but has previously confirmed that they're working on a game. If you agree, maybe that means we can look forward to extra good car physics in Watchdogs .

The Ivory Tower, founded by parts from Test Drive Unlimited team, said to be involved in the development of The Crew , which we will certainly hear more about at E3.

Few months old concept image of what is said to be the game The Crew

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If all rumors come to life, we see an open world sim racer appear here. And that is a first. Something i expected TDU2 to be and many with me.
Lets see if the Ivory Tower team can deliver the goods

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lots of rumors kicking about the net on this, lets hope we get something good at E3 :)
Image Image
Prepsi

Could this be what forza horizon promised and sorta was but sorta wasn't?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Don't know about that, but it will for sure have a genuine TDU vibe with all those former TDU1 devs on board. Must be better than those wannabees from Forza. :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Don't know about that, but it will for sure have a genuine TDU vibe with all those former TDU1 devs on board. Must be better than those wannabees from Forza. :loll:
I'm going to repeat something that was said on the Turboduck forums: As uninformed players, we can't be so sure about what kind of "vibe" the game is going to have. Us optimistic players have been creating much more hype and speculation about this game than what the developers have been able to give us. Does this sound familiar? *cough*TDU2*cough cough* We can't just jump to conclusions because it has a few specific devs on the team; remember that there are probably devs there that have no open-world experience as well. And from its descriptions, it sounds to me like it's going to be more of a track-racer than an open-world racer.

I'm not trying to dash anyone's dreams here, but I don't want us to get too overworked about it like we did with TDU2.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grooks10 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Don't know about that, but it will for sure have a genuine TDU vibe with all those former TDU1 devs on board. Must be better than those wannabees from Forza. :loll:
I'm going to repeat something that was said on the Turboduck forums: As uninformed players, we can't be so sure about what kind of "vibe" the game is going to have. Us optimistic players have been creating much more hype and speculation about this game than what the developers have been able to give us. Does this sound familiar? *cough*TDU2*cough cough* We can't just jump to conclusions because it has a few specific devs on the team; remember that there are probably devs there that have no open-world experience as well. And from its descriptions, it sounds to me like it's going to be more of a track-racer than an open-world racer.

I'm not trying to dash anyone's dreams here, but I don't want us to get too overworked about it like we did with TDU2.
Yes, off course. But i was referring too those cocky Forza devs who said that Horizon was what TDU should have been. NOT, lol

And we were right to expect more from TDU2, especially in the driving department. And if you hear stories about Atari executives telling the Eden team to dumb down the handling so "anybody" can drive it, a lot becomes clear. Also about the position of Eden games. But that is History.

I'm looking forward to the new Ivory Tower game. Some of the most talented devs from TDU1 are over there, including the guy responsible for the handling and controls. More will be revealed at the E3. I seriously hope for an open world realistic driving game. Doesn't have to be full sim, but close enough.

Thanks to Diablo

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

cant wait
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

From Diablos Spam
The Crew will offer a game experience close to DRIVER: San Francisco.
The gameplay is rather semi-arcade, accessible, fun and efficient.
The open world is in North America, with the possibility to travel between New York City and Los Angeles (reduced scale).
Like DRIVER: San Francisco, the map will be similar to “Google Maps”.
In “freeride”, players will be free to choose between missions or challenges.
Multiplayer will be competitive and co-operative with an upper limit of 8 players per-session.
A companion app for mobile devices will be published
The source of this leak tested the game on the Xbox 360 console, but previous job listings seem to hint that a PS4 version is also in the works.
The release date is expected to be announced before the end 2013.
Too bad it is not an open world SIM. Nobody seems to dare tho make that. Still a great game to look forward too. 8-)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:From Diablos Spam
The Crew will offer a game experience close to DRIVER: San Francisco.
The gameplay is rather semi-arcade, accessible, fun and efficient.
The open world is in North America, with the possibility to travel between New York City and Los Angeles (reduced scale).
Like DRIVER: San Francisco, the map will be similar to “Google Maps”.
In “freeride”, players will be free to choose between missions or challenges.
Multiplayer will be competitive and co-operative with an upper limit of 8 players per-session.
A companion app for mobile devices will be published
The source of this leak tested the game on the Xbox 360 console, but previous job listings seem to hint that a PS4 version is also in the works.
The release date is expected to be announced before the end 2013.
Too bad it is not an open world SIM. Nobody seems to dare tho make that. Still a great game to look forward too. 8-)

I think some people forget the first "Test Drive Unlimited 1" was way ahead of its time and even when TDU 2 came out know one else had given this type of open world game a go and released a competitor to TDU.
And even though Atari cocked it up we have yet to see anyone else jump in to take up the challenge and that's not because it would not be a popular franchise its because it's a very complicated project to get right.

We have seen games like Forza Horizon and the soon to be released Need for Speed Rivals dip their toe in the water with open world racing but no where near the extent of TDU :twocents-02cents:
Image Image

Return to “The Crew Game”