How The Crew was ported to PlayStation 4

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Here is a link to an interesting article about the development of The Crew on PS4.

:link:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very interesting and also logical. With the new Console hardware being similar to a PC layout, it doesn't surprise me. In fact, i expected this already.
Instead of having to deal with ported and slightly optimized versions of the XBox360 games, the next gen games will be natively developed for and on the PC.
It just got a lot better :ugeek:

PS Just one exception, it will be developed for "targeted" pc hardware, meaning similar to the consoles. Will this turn the cards for Ati/AMD vs Nvidia?
PC Hardware development will continue to move on, while most games will be developed with the new consoles in mind.
Still a lot better than games, developed for a limited console and ported shamelessly to PC.
Developers will have to adapt to all the new possibilities these new Console hardware provides. It will rock.

It's an intriguing state of affairs, especially if you're a PC gamer with a reasonably powerful computer. Once upon a time your hardware was a porting target, sometimes with only minimal effort put into the conversion. Now, PC is lead platform. E3 2013 starkly demonstrated that the availability of final production console hardware for developers is exceptionally limited, with many games destined for console hardware running on "target" PC systems. It makes sense that PC takes centre-stage during the development effort, simply because games take upwards of two years to develop and actual console hardware wasn't available until very recently
:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
sfy
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

well, it's not quite the PC exclusive i advocate....but close enough for now, for me.

heck, the PS4 has a better CPU than i have, but no where near the Hdd/SSD capability

Return to “The Crew Game”